Who's riding with a messed up BACK!!

icehead

Registered
Just got back from the chiropractors office today. I was told that my pelvis is tilted and rotated. I knew something was wrong, i've been to several doc's. I'm desperate for a fix. I just want to know who has back problems and continues to ride. I can't give it up yet.

herniated L3,4,5...... blew my back out when i was 16yo liftin weights for football. cost me a full football scholarhsip to a D1 college. i had a series of 3 cortizone injections and it helped quite a bit but after a good ride or a hard day of work it still reminds me that its messed up...

Does being fat count?
all_coholic.gif

Bad back, Tobin seat, and now Cycle Cat rearsets! All good!

bad hip. old age, but it won't stop me from ride'n. throw some meds in the bike just incase.....

I haven't gotten to that ponit yet. However if I can walk chance are I'll ride

Born with my tailbone fused to my lower vertebrae at a slight angle... Throws off my back. On top of that, my fat pulls my back towards the front, so I hav that joy too (although I'm working on the fat). 23 years old, back problems, and no thoughts of me stopping riding before I get old. Once a motorcyclist, always a motorcyclist.
super.gif

Herniation at L3-L4, degeneration and fragmented disk at L5-S1, degeneration at C4-C5, herniation at C5-T1.

Still riding.

The Busa is the best ride for my back. The leaning stretches my muscles, the aggresive seating puts the weight on my thighs, not my tailbone/spine. I rode 200 miles on my son's GSXR 600 and thought I was going to pass out from the pain.

I did install genmar 1.25 risers to help with the lower back. Now I don't lean so far forward.

Me too, rotated pelvis, third stage degeneration of all my vertebrae...........Dr. Cesar works miracles (Gonstead Dr.), BUT, still get numbness in right hand and arm over long rides, and my neck is NOT to be trusted.......other than that ?...IT'S ALLLLL GOOD !!!!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Herniated L4 - L5, had surgery to fix it, but once you've got a bad back, I'm convinced it stays bad...riding doesn't bother me much; been on two LONG runs to Deal's Gap since surgery and I can't wait to go again!

Also, tons of hip and pelvic pain since kids...only time I don't hurt is when I'm riding along having fun...the pain starts when you have to get off of the bike
laugh.gif

I dont have numbers, cause I aint ready for a doctor, but shooting pains on left side that can make me loss leg strength and aching middle. Bad backs ruun in the family here. Mom has had surgery and currently takes shots. My brother had back surgery when he was 26.

damn there are to many of us with spine problems... I blew out to disks in my lower back and hurniated some around it. I know they were in the "L" range.... it was a while ago. Had to get surgery. Also now I have a hurniated one in my neck.

Long ride are tough but I'm not ready to give things up. Working on the bike, car, or anything with alot of hunching will send my legs tingling and my neck stiff in no time.

I'm not a big fan of the meds though. I worry to much about it numbing my senses.

Yeah I got back problem But like another guys said if I can walk I will ride

what is Ruff Riders saying"Ride or Die" I am not a Ruff Rider though just like there saying

Wow. There are some messed up people here! Funny thing I have met a lot of these people and you would never know they had problems! Many of them can throw the scoot around pretty well!

No bad back here, but knee and shoulder issues as well as newly developed pelvis pain - (don't fall of tailgates, it'll leave bruises that you wouldn't believe!)

Well, we are a much more mature gang here...of course we've got some back, hip, pelvis, mental issues  
laugh.gif

Yeah, speaking of falling off of tailgates, how's the old pelvis doing Shawn?  (note, not a question I'd normally ask of any guy LOL)

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz, for being one of the Senior
laugh.gif
Members here, I feel GREAT  
beerchug.gif
 And "OH" Yeah, Senior Prices at all the Restaurants is "NEAT"  
super.gif
. Now I just need to convience the Gas Companies to offer that  
jump9.gif

Doctors told me same shid, short leg, tilted pelvis, fugged back. I don't look pretty ( ever ) getting off the bike after a day in the saddle, but I love it.

Back