the "literal" crack of dawn..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Well woke up to this mess today... we knew it was coming..

Was talking to Busa159 and BaBusa, told them only thing I was worried about was my pear tree in the back (still full of leaves)

Well.... here ya go..

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

Pear trees seem to always be the first to go during inclement weather.. Do you have a fire place or do you like to use wood when grilling? At least you can use the wood for something.

Wow!

I wish that I lived somewhere with some snow. Except for that tree thing the snow looks nice.

Pear trees seem to always be the first to go during inclement weather.. Do you have a fire place or do you like to use wood when grilling? At least you can use the wood for something.

pear tree makes good smoking or grilling wood? I really like mesquite myself.. never tried Pear wood..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Randy. I have been tore up by two ice storms and it's not fun!

ssued by The National Weather Service
North Webster, IN
8:50 am EST, Fri., Dec. 19, 2008 ... WINTER WEATHER WARNINGS CONTINUE THIS MORNING...
SCATTERED SHOWERS OF FREEZING RAIN AND EVEN THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING ACROSS NORTHERN INDIANA AND NORTHWEST OHIO THIS MORNING. TEMPERATURES REMAIN NEAR OR BELOW FREEZING IN MANY AREAS... ESPECIALLY NORTH OF HIGHWAY 24 IN INDIANA. THESE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WERE BRINGING BRIEF PERIODS OF HEAVY FREEZING RAIN... SMALL HAIL... AND WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH. WITH ICE ACCUMULATIONS ON TREES AND POWER LINES... THE WIND GUSTS AND ADDITIONAL ICE ACCUMULATION WILL CAUSE TREE LIMBS TO FALL AND BRING DOWN POWER LINES AS WELL.
ROADS REMAIN TREACHEROUS IN MANY AREAS. IN ADDITION TO THE ICE... REPORTS OF CLOGGED AND FROZEN DRAINS ARE CREATING FLOODING IN SOME AREAS... ESPECIALLY AROUND THE FORT WAYNE METROPOLITAN AREA. THIS FLOODING COULD CONTINUE FOR SEVERAL HOURS. DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH FLOODED ROADS.

Sorry Randy. I have been tore up by two ice storms and it's not fun!
I am just really glad that the tree went like it did... missed the house completely so call it dumb luck or God knew I did not need that expense right now :) either way, really has been a beautiful morning albeit cold and wet..

pear tree makes good smoking or grilling wood? I really like mesquite myself.. never tried Pear wood..

Beautiful collage Mr. Biscuit, nice work! I bet you won't have a partridge in that pear tree this year. I don't know where Biscuitville is but this is why I like SoCal. I don't miss the ice storms, Arctic Express, tornados or frog stranglers. But I have to admit, it certainly makes it look like Christmas.

CrackofDawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing that just 2hrs south and we got nothing. I even put out salt on the driveway:poke:

I'm actuallly a little disapointed. I like extreme weather. but not wind, it aint no fun

Is this what we have to look forward to? I just power back Monday. UGGHH!

An inch is a lot of ice, it only took half that to cripple Tulsa this time last year.

Back