My Fathers Day and how it turned out.D

Big Bo

Registered
I worked last night. Got off at midnight. On the way home I stopped by Mickie D`s. Got the new popcorn chicken bites, and three of the new $1 burgers with fried onion on them. Got home and ate the popcorn chicken, and two of the $1 burgers. Went to bed about 01:00. Woke up about 03:30 with a belly ache. Hit the throne. Then back in bed, woke up about 05:30 with a bad bad belly ache, and back on the throne. In bed again and this time I woke up at 07:30 to the sound of my phone ringing. My mother called to wish me a Happy Fathers Day. Also a message from my daughter wanting to take me out for dinner and that the son told her I was not doing well. Back to sleep, heard my son leave to go to work. 09:00 time to go again. Felt bad all day. Remembered that one of the Mickie D burgers was in the fridge, got down stairs and removed the tainted burger and threw it in the trash. Belly still hurting. Back in bed. Woke up around noon. Felt better. Cooked a pot of spaggetti, and went back to bed.
Tried to sleep. No good. Almost sleep and the son called, he has a tire on his bike that has a bulge. Decided he would ride it home. I finally went back to sleep. The alarm clock went off at 16:45. 17:25 I was out the door and on my way to work. 12 hr shift, I am feeling a lot better.

My Fathers Day was exhausting.

Oh man....that's awful. Nothing worse than a McDonalds belly ache. Hope your over what ailed you.:please:

Dayum, I kept waiting on the part where you got a track bike or track days :laugh:

Hope you're feeling better, I worked all weekend too

I'm sorry about your weekend...

dadofthree said:
dayum, i kept waiting on the part where you got a track bike or track days :laugh:

Hope you're feeling better, i worked all weekend too

lol...

Yuckness! Glad that day is over for you! On to brighter and better days......with no belly aches!

After my group ride on Saturday, I stopped and had a Big Mac on my way home. Been a long time now I remember why.

Anyway, I call my wife to tell her I'm on my way home this is how it went:

Me: "Hi honey, I"m on my way home be there in about 20 minutes"
Wife: "That's great! Where are you and what are you doing?"
Me: "I'm at McDonalds, having lunch before I come home"

Silence...

Wife: "And, just what are you eating at McDonalds?"
Me: "I'm having a Big Mac"

Silence....

Me: "COME ON, I haven't had one in at least a month" (probably longer just pulled a number out of my hat..)
Wife: "A MONTH, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME, JEEZ ARE YOUR TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

I am somewhat perplexed; if I'd ate one every day, I might could understand, but once in a month?

Me: "Are you kidding me? I probably eat less than 10 of these things a year"...
Wife: "TEN A YEAR?? THOSE THINGS ARE SO BAD FOR YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

You'd think I robbed a bank or something....I just got finished going on a group ride, and survived, and am coming home an HOUR EARLY, and she is having a kitten because I ATE A BIG MAC....then I remember, it's her time for her monthly visitor...

Me: "Yes dear, I'll be home in 10 minutes"
Wife: "Bye"

Jeez I can't for the life of me keep up...:laugh:

Feeling somewhat better. I am off Mickie D`s for a great while. Have not been sick off food in years. Food poisoning is a *****.

That's not good.

The last time I had a big mac was I think 2002. A couple of hours after I ate, the room started spinning. Food poisoning is no fun. Never again.

That's not good.

The last time I had a big mac was I think 2002. A couple of hours after I ate, the room started spinning. Food poisoning is no fun.

Eaten mcd's 3 times in the last 8 years. Puked every time. I just can't hold that junk down.

Well, it ended on a good note. Feeling MUCH better, and yesterday the kids took me out to the grubbing down joint of my choice. I chose Buffalo Wild Wings. 19 wings, with the Houses HOTTEST Sauce, a salad, and ice tea. I really enjoyed it.

Mickie D's beef well in my days of driving a bull wagon and growing up on a ranch and from I know about Mickie D's beef is
1) it is not USDA inspected it comes frozen out of Mexico
2) When raising dairy cows and beef cows Mickie D's buys and uses old dried up half crippled dairy cows for their hamburgers they are cheap. I remember haulin quite a few loads of these cows to where Mickie D's buys their beef from.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with their chicken or what they call chicken
Just my $0.02 The above is why I never eat at Mickie D's
Burger King is always a better choice in the fast food market USDA inspected beef and from real beef cows not old dried up titty dairy cows and fresh vegies on the burger not processed crap
Oh ya sorry to hear about your bummer Fathers Day. Mine wasn't any better

Well, it ended on a good note. Feeling MUCH better, and yesterday the kids took me out to the grubbing down joint of my choice. I chose Buffalo Wild Wings. 19 wings, with the Houses HOTTEST Sauce, a salad, and ice tea. I really enjoyed it.

Isn't this like glutting for more punishment?

Back