Who's riding with a messed up BACK!!

Got a blown disk at l5-S1 and was unable to do anything for about 1.5 and that included riding bikes. After a good surgery, I promised myself a busa and to live it to the fullest while the back holds out...

Shattered one vertebrae and broke pelvis into 5 pieces two years ago. My back hurts whether I ride or not, so I might as well ride.

AD_back_Fview_31oct05.JPG

(johnnycrash @ May 24 2007,11:35) Shattered one vertebrae and broke pelvis into 5 pieces two years ago.  My back hurts whether I ride or not, so I might as well ride.
You X-rey looks very close to mine. I Broke L4 and L5. Now i have L3, L4, L5, and my Sacrum all fused. they had to cage it, IE go in from the front and back to fix it.

And like you it hurts weather i ride or not. Actually the only reason i went with a Busa over the Gizzer 1K over the busa was comfort. not i'd not give it up... But would love to add a new 1K7 for short twisty hops.

(VaBusa @ May 24 2007,09:34) Well, we are a much more mature gang here...of course we've got some back, hip, pelvis, mental issues  
laugh.gif

Yeah, speaking of falling off of tailgates, how's the old pelvis doing Shawn?  (note, not a question I'd normally ask of any guy LOL)
Wait... You think I'm MATURE?!
smile.gif
YAY!!!!! I'm mature!!!
cool.gif

Wrecked a ligament in my lower back just above the waste about three years ago. In pain everyday. Still ride as long as I can walk and throw a leg over the seat.

I bent over to pick up a socket and "felt an elastic break" in my lower back right at the spine. Hurt real bad, dumbarse me went on a preplanned 300 mile ride the next day and my back tweaked while I was pumping gas, my leg went numb and I collapsed, me, the bike and the gas line hit the deck. It was a really bad day. Some buddies picked me and the bike up bent my shifter and clutch levers back into working order and I headed home.

Fugging socket...

Got a "Sleep Number" bed, best thing I ever did, number 100 baby.

(VaBusa @ May 24 2007,09:34) Well, we are a much more mature gang here...of course we've got some back, hip, pelvis, mental issues  
laugh.gif

Yeah, speaking of falling off of tailgates, how's the old pelvis doing Shawn?  (note, not a question I'd normally ask of any guy LOL)
me.... mature....... doubt it....
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Ive had a bad back ever since i was 15 and broke my tail bone at a highschool football practice.. I just deal with it, there are some days it takes me an hour to loosen up in the morning other days i am ok. To me the Busa is definitely more comfortable than my last sportbike and for sure better on my back than any cruiser I have owned or ridden.. I still get a little pain from riding her but its not enough to keep me from doing it again..

Had L6 and 7 fused on 22 Mar 2007
all_coholic.gif
Haven't ridden the bike since, due to WIFEE, and my Minister neighbor...... making me feel BAD!!!! I'll get back into the saddle once the Doc clears me!
redcomprs2.gif

L3,4,5 compromised and degenerated from being stupid in weight room. Skiiing accident in Snowmass didn't help either.
wow.gif

I asked around before buying the Busa and many told me it wouldn't aggravate back problems. They were right!
super.gif

There is not a day the back doesn't act up. L4 herniated and the 1 above it is ready to blow. Not much pain while riding. Hurts when I get off the bike.

(ozzy04 @ May 24 2007,23:12)
laugh.gif

Yeah, speaking of falling off of tailgates, how's the old pelvis doing Shawn? (note, not a question I'd normally ask of any guy LOL)
me.... mature....... doubt it....
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
How did Shawn's pelvis end up in a bad back thread
rock.gif

Is that dueling banjo's I hear
laugh.gif

poke.gif

all_coholic.gif

laugh.gif

(Cykill @ May 24 2007,16:58)
(johnnycrash @ May 24 2007,11:35) Shattered one vertebrae and broke pelvis into 5 pieces two years ago.  My back hurts whether I ride or not, so I might as well ride.
You X-rey looks very close to mine. I Broke L4 and L5. Now i have L3, L4, L5, and my Sacrum all fused. they had to cage it, IE go in from the front and back to fix it.

And like you it hurts weather i ride or not. Actually the only reason i went with a Busa over the Gizzer 1K over the busa was comfort. not i'd not give it up... But would love to add a new 1K7 for short twisty hops.
I tried a busa for the same reason as you - more comfortable than liter bikes which is all I used to ride before my back got hurt.

Sounds like you're all fused together like I am - at least we'll have good posture when we're older.
laugh.gif

Wow, we are messed up bunch!

Spina Bifida here, most of the time I cant even walk without looking like a human question mark but dang it, I can flog the Dragon....

Ok, maybe not flog but anyway.... Dang it wheres m' pills?

(YH2K @ May 25 2007,11:14) Wow, we are messed up bunch!

Spina Bifida here, most of the time I cant even walk without looking like a human question mark but dang it, I can flog the Dragon....

Ok, maybe not flog but anyway.... Dang it wheres m' pills?
I got Spina Bifida Stenosis... I just found out the actual name of my fun case...

L4-5. Pinned ankle(L), broken-now artheritis in wrist and shoulder®. Going in now for MRI (spine&hip) ® leg numbness and to check hip pain where it hit the pavement 3yrs. prior. I feel the best after a ride on the busa. That's my story and I'm stick'en to it. Honestly I feel better on the busa than anything else unless a very short ride, like under 2 hours. Can do 20 on the busa.

I thought I would add my 2 cents.  I blew out my back in High School accompanied with about 72 hours of internal bleeding, 6 months in a tinse unit, and a back brace for 2 years.  I just bought the busa becuase well, it doesn't hurt as bad anymore, and the busa is so comfortable.

Dont get me wrong, somedays I feel like I did this all night when I wake up.

523599980_eac747a343_o.gif

But I do this all day long, so that is no help.

523599984_7cf1afb513_o.gif

Ouch....I have some back numbness and tingling in chest from herniated disc in T-4/T-5 and some lower lumbar aches, but nothing like some of you...
damn...
SHOCKED.gif

Keeping a tight stomach (even 20 crunches a day) and stretching your
hamstrings and calves can totally eliminate lower back pain.
Make it a habit like brushing your teeth...

herniated disc at L5 - S1. went through the cortizone shots, and no walky. Had micro discectomy in january 2007. all was good for 8 weeks. herniated again, so bad, you could not see my syatic(sp?) nerve at L5 - S1. doc couldnt believe i was able to walk with nerve pinched that bad. had 2nd surgery march 29th 2007. doc said he was more aggressive with the surgery 2nd time around. doing good right now
beerchug.gif

super.gif

Back