WHEW close call....

Seems to me those lil pipes ya got sticking out the side would have been a sign to the Mechanic to check this one twice. Stuff goes wrong fast on a Busa, even more wrong, even faster on YOUR Busa.

The same thing happened to my buddy when the shop put on a new front tire. 18 lbs of air !!!! Good thing we checked it after he felt the front wheel wobble. How can a mechanic put on a tire and not put in enough air ??? thats crazy bad mojo.

I was taught that since a motorcycle only has two wheels I better make sure they are in great shape and properly inflated all the time (I try).

If a car has a blowout, (hopefully) it just coasts to the side of the road.

Motorcycle has a blowout.... I don't even want to think about it.

I like to run my hand lightly over my tires before I get on sometimes to check for nails, screws, staples, tacks, etc.... whatever might be stuck in there.

Glad your ok and were smart enough to ride slowly when you felt something was not right. :thumbsup:

I think you need to return to the lot and do a little investigative work.
See if the mechanic who did the work rides a Kawasaki.
:laugh:

Glad you are okay! I'd make them order you up a brand new set and install them just to prove that you didn't ruin them running 13 psi in them... :whistle:

Glad you didnt go down! Thats the exact reason I do my own work. If I get new tires I take them the wheels let them change the tires and I put them back on. :beerchug:

Good to hear that the eventual outcome of your ordeal turned out OK!
Things like this happening is just another reason that I take my wheels off at home so that the shop gets nothing but wheel and new tire. I always check tire pressure PRIOR to every ride, everyone should get into this habit!

This is one of those stories where the end is more important than what happens...

I had two new tires put on the busa today (q2's)... didnt think much of it, picked the bike back up and started the short jaunt for home (mile or two) it was all in town, and stop lights so i was never up to speed really..

Anyhow, the whole way home the bike feels waaaay off, just completly wrong..

She's sluggish, rear feels washy, just nothing is right... So i assume new tire jitters and just keep on towards home, take corners reeeeeaaaally slow and soft, not pushing anything, concentraiting on scrubbing in the tires and getting home safely..

Once i get towards home, there is a corner i know VERY well, and could take nearly blindfolded at this point, not blind, full vis, just a great corner for checking yourself... I can pull the corner so easily, i know whats me, and whats the bike when something is wrong...

So i take the corner softly, but confidently... i take it at maybe 25mph, and its a nice long left hand bank where the bike should just settle and take it without even a hiccup....

HOWEVER HOLY HELL the bike runs wide and feels like its washing out everywhere.. and she keeps running wide and washing front and rear..... my butt puckers but I complete the turn and instantly pull into the garage.... something obviously must be way off, either suspension was tweaked, or the tires are bad or something...

After checking everything over, i finally think, well, one last possible idea, tire pressure... but how could that be low, they just mounted the tires...

Pull out the old stick gauge to check quickly...

There was 13lbs of pressure in the front and rear tire.....

13!!!!

No wonder it was feeling all over the place... because it WAS all over the place...

I always check the work of others, oil level from changes, etc... but i felt confident in the workmanship in this case, so i let it slide this once...

MORAL OF THE STORY: just because you feel confident in the abilities of the shop you take your bike to... doesnt mean that the finally responsibility isnt in your hands...

CHECK THEIR WORK... check your tire pressures!

Air'd the bike up to 32 rear 31 front, now she drives like a dream again :thumbsup:

That’s why I don’t take my bike to shop! its probably a kid younger than me (28) working on the bike, if something is going to get messed up, I would rather be the one messing it up. Plus, I take great pride in my bike being in tip top shape. They... just want their money.

glad you didnt biff it. AND I would be all over that dealer!!!

Glad everything came out ok for you. I always check the work of other people when it comes to my bike. My 07 has been in the shop 4 times and 3 different shops, everytime I got it back something was wrong.
1. Castle Power Sports - Mileage was showing 46mpg coming in, they scrubed in the tires came back showing 32 mpg.
2 Sloan's - Left the front wheel loose
3. Suzuki of Cool Springs - Kinked a Radiator hose with the air box destroying the airbox seal and hose.
4. Suzuki of Cool Springs - Upon fixing the above #3 left the air box crooked, left the rear hose off the air box, left the wiring harness loose off the back and I found a filter screw on top of the engine. (They did give me all my money back, but trust me when I say I was pissed!!)

Always check the work, its doesn't matter how good they are. They are paid by the job so they will be rushing when it comes to putting it back together. The way I see it is I am paying you $85 per hour you better believe I am going to check your work!

Didn't the bike feel like it was lowered 2" when you sat on it? Stuational awareness is always a keen sense to have. Glad it was only a near miss.

Back