Close call. . .

Zoinks!

Registered
So I'm ridin up the highway tonight on my way home from work and I was passin this lady. So I get where my front wheel is at her window and she just starts movin over! She never looked. . .
pissed.gif
As soon as I see her tires hit the white line I hit the horn and get on the brakes lightly so as not to lock up, but she just kept comin. I stayed on the horn the whole time I was beside her. By the time I got behind her I was ridin on the yellow line closest to the grass median. And here in SC the left side shoulder is about a foot wide, if that. But anyway, I'm just glad it didn't go any worse. It would have been a shame for my baby to die not even 2 months after I got her.

Next time do what I do kick her mirror off SHE WILL notice that
firedevil.gif

Same thing happened to me at 75mph... I'm flying along at 6:30am and I'm in the middle lane on a three lane highway. I come up on this old dude in a red jeep cherokee. As I come up on his door he looks in his mirror and decides to change lanes! Would have been real bad if I was on the gixxer... Just kidding.... I was on the horn and face to face with the dork, hilarious, you should have seen the look on his face. He pulled back and waved...great...

Everyone is still asleep anymore...or
on the cellphone or
writing checks on the steering wheel paying bills or
checking their pac face makeup or
text messaging the chit out of their cell phone...

Be careful out there...

I hate that crap. The new gloves I have are hard plastic knuckled, just in case you have to rap on the window! Glad you are OK bro.

I hate that crap. The new gloves I have are hard plastic knuckled, just in case you have to rap on the window! Glad you are OK bro.
Thanks boss. Me too. I need some riding gloves and I've been plannin on gettin the hard plastic or carbon fiber knuckles. I guess now I have one more reason for em. . .

Same thing happened to me at 75mph... I'm flying along at 6:30am and I'm in the middle lane on a three lane highway.  I come up on this old dude in a red jeep cherokee. As I come up on his door he looks in his mirror and decides to change lanes! Would have been real bad if I was on the gixxer... Just kidding.... I was on the horn and face to face with the dork, hilarious, you should have seen the look on his face.  He pulled back and waved...great...

Everyone is still asleep anymore...or
on the cellphone or
writing checks on the steering wheel paying bills or
checking their pac face makeup or
text messaging the chit out of their cell phone...

Be careful out there...
Don't get me started!
deadhorse.gif

Instead of just holding the horn button down, I tap it multiple times as fast as possible.
guns.gif
machine gun style. I find that that annoying nature of a burst of horn gets their attention quicker. But there all tards out there.

Commuting is combat.

Use the throttle to not ride next to people! Easier said than done though! Good luck tomorrow!

I know your pain about a month after i got mine some woman in a big toyota sequoya was looking over at me and when we took off i took off kinda slow for me (around normal traffic acceleration) and was around the side of her car (my first mistake) then she without even looking changed into my lane and i had to swing hard to my left and got on the horn and then she looked over and and gave me a nasty look so i gave her the one finger sallute and she swerved her car over at me just as we where stopiing at a light and yes the gloves with the pvc knuckles do get there attention real quick especially as knocking hard on their window ... some soccer moms just shouldent drive

I know your pain about a month after i got mine some woman in a big toyota sequoya was looking over at me and when we took off i took off kinda slow for me (around normal traffic acceleration) and was around the side of her car (my first mistake) then she without even looking changed into my lane and i had to swing hard to my left and got on the horn and then she looked over and and gave me a nasty look so i gave her the one finger sallute and she swerved her car over at me just as we where stopiing at a light and yes the gloves with the pvc knuckles do get there attention real quick especially as knocking hard on their window ... some soccer moms just shouldent drive
So she decided to use her cage as a lethal weapon. Probably doesn't even realize that a move like that is an assault, just like threatening someone with a Gun. And what can one be charged with by a threat with a gun?
As Lamb says-- throttle- Staying aggressive and about 5% above the traffic flow works for me. Sortof like a Mack Truck and bicycle rolled into one. give way to active threats, but stay aggressive. Own it.

Use the throttle to not ride next to people!  Easier said than done though!  Good luck tomorrow!
I wasn't just riding next to her. I was on my way around her. But I couldn't just romp down on the throttle and bullet past cause there was someone in front of me, too. We were both passing her, but he wasn't moving as fast as I would have liked to. . .

an ex- riding partner of mine used to carry 1/2" ball bearings in a crown royal bag to get thier attention. 1 of the reasons we don't ride together anymore.

I've been riding next to another guy on another Busa and had to blow the horn several times before he heard me. Sounds like it's time to do an air horn mod!
super.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
gmmech07 @ Oct. 12 2007 said:
1199456[/ATTACH] PM]
an ex- riding partner of mine used to carry 1/2" ball bearings in a crown royal bag to get thier attention. 1 of the reasons we don't ride together anymore.
Good grief!  That might be a little extreme. .
If violence isn't the answer, you're asking the wrong question.
Hahaha. You got me there. Forgive me! Lol.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

And yes, P-Willy, I have been thinking along those lines ever since I got the bike. This encounter just kinda reaffirmed the fact that I need to do something about that.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back