Close call

The Oracle

Registered
Beautiful here in MD... 74 degrees, slight (5 MPH) breeze, and super sunny.

I was out with a couple of riding buddies (they were on F4's) today. We were heading from Potomac towards Poolesville on one of the old ferry roads. I was cruising around a tight twisty at about 65MPH and shifted from second into third... Only, I was a little hot on the throttle when I popped the clutch. So, mid-turn, my front end pulled up a hair. To make matters worse, I hit a pot hole patch or something and both wheels were off of the ground for a moment. I tapped the rear brake (as soon as the rear set-down) quickly to bring the front back down. But, since the bike was in a turn, I didn't have my front tire perfectly matched to the turn and when it came down, it skidded and the bike started into a heavy shake. I tried to control and was actually doing ok until the rear tire broke loose. Fearing a high-side, I let the rear tire do its thing. So, I commenced to slowly slide across the road with a little shimmy. Eventually, I slid off the asphalt. At this point, I was only doing about 50 or so. The side of the road was grassy, muddy, and full of gravel. The 'busa slid around some (pretty hot and heavy) and I finally regained some composure and pulled it back onto the road.

Fortunately for me, all I got out this experience was some new found respect for the zuki, a slightly muddy rear tire, and a HUGE dose of adrenaline.

How was your Sunday?

biggrin.gif

rob t

Registered
love to hear about succsess !!good to know that someone with some skill and luck can pull out of a bad thing !!!!!.i take it your not one of the fist bike busa riders!

rubbersidedown

BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Nice save man , nice save . Some people , like my gf , some buddies , others .... absolutely hate that 'drenalin rush . I love it . I love it when it makes ya feel sick to yer stomach.
Hope ya taught them f4's a lil' lesson or two .
biggrin.gif

LIKE DON'T COME BARKIN' AROUND 'DA BIG DOG .
BUSA'S RULE.....THE REST DROOL .
Have a good evening man . Rubber .

The Oracle

Registered
i take it your not one of the fist bike busa riders!
nah, I have been riding for about 17 years... On many bikes. In my earlier days, I would have definitely panicked and prolly hit the rear to hard and all he11 would have broken loose. Not to mention I would prolly have frozen. Experience counts sometimes. I am just glad she didn't set-down... All I could think of while I was off the road was... "How am I gonna explain this one to my wife."

( :

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
Glad your ok. Thats all that really matters. Sometimes it's good to get your heart going. Makes you think.

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
Actually, I do it (scare myself) more on my sled than I do on a bike. We ride our sleds pretty fast with the group I ride with. Just a Arctic Cat ZR 600 but it does over 100mph. I was driving to my parents in my car the other day going just about 75 and I thought, my god, I go so much faster on my ZR over snow. Kind of makes you think.

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Sounds like a Butt Pucker to me. Glad you lived to tell it. Hang in & on buddy.

The Oracle

Registered
Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys!

I will definitely file this "incident" in the ole brain cells for future reference.

Knowledge is power!!!

Rideout

Registered
I see those busa has so much power. I am glad you made it through safe.. I might have to come take some classes with you when I decide to get a busa

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAltarBoy