Where's the MidWest Caravan 2Da Bash?

wow!!! didnt know so many folks planned on bein down there so early...might havta move my travel plans-are most midwesterners leavin out Weds/Thursday?

me and my partner are headin down weds morning 4-25 around 10ish AM to get there weds evening since i hate driving long distances especially at night.  we are also coming from the cleveland area.

jesus... i sound like an old fawker.......

(jjmetheny @ Feb. 09 2007,21:35)
(GSXcite @ Feb. 09 2007,20:35) OMSLAW and myself will leave Kansas City on Wed 4/25 early am. We will take I-70 east to St. Louis and meet up with SEMI in Alton, Ill. around noon. We will take I-64 east to Lexington, Ky. From Lexington we will take I-75 south to Knoxville, Tn. From Knoxville we will take 129 south through Maryville, the dragon and end the trip in Robbinsville, NC sometime late Wed. eve. Wake up early and WAHOOOOO hit the dragon!
egitarre77.gif
Are you guys ridding down or hauling them on trailers?
Trailer most of the way. Last year, one would drive, the rest of us would ride. We'll just see how the weather is this year.
wink.gif

(jjmetheny @ Feb. 09 2007,19:35)
(GSXcite @ Feb. 09 2007,20:35) OMSLAW and myself will leave Kansas City on Wed 4/25 early am. We will take I-70 east to St. Louis and meet up with SEMI in Alton, Ill. around noon. We will take I-64 east to Lexington, Ky. From Lexington we will take I-75 south to Knoxville, Tn. From Knoxville we will take 129 south through Maryville, the dragon and end the trip in Robbinsville, NC sometime late Wed. eve. Wake up early and WAHOOOOO hit the dragon!
egitarre77.gif
Are you guys ridding down or hauling them on trailers?
If you are riding to the gap, you could ride down to KC and go with us. Your bike would fit in the trailer with OMSLAW'S and mine. By time we pick up SEMI in St. Louis it should be warm enough that the guys will want to ride the busas part of the way, and take a breather some of the way and ride in the truck. You would be welcomed.

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 10 2007,20:17) wow!!! didnt know so many folks planned on bein down there so early...might havta move my travel plans-are most midwesterners leavin out Weds/Thursday?
BD, we had such a great time last year we all want more time to ride! You may want to consider leaving for the gap Wed. AM and return Sunday or Monday AM.

i know guys-tryin to work it out, but end of the week is when we work, Weds-Sat, so its like taking a whole week off....thats a lot of bread to miss...we'll see how things look in April tho- house shopping right now so concentrating our $$ on that right now...hope i get down there for at least 2 days-thatd be nice vac. for me....plus, never been to NC so new place to see-always fun
beerchug.gif

id like to meet up with either some of you from kc area or east iowa ill.  ,  but if some one had room on their trailer  for my bike,  id be more the willing to pay some of the gas/ride expanses and more...
beerchug.gif

i would like to ride some of the way down, but all of it might be to much

(boazalmighty @ Feb. 11 2007,09:06) id like to meet up with either some of you from kc area or east iowa ill.  ,  but if some one had room on their trailer  for my bike,  id be more the willing to pay some of the gas/ride expanses and more...
beerchug.gif

I will have room for one , possibly two more busas. If you want to ride south on 63 we could meet you in Columbia, Mo. on Wed. AM. You would need to let me know as soon as you can as I will be picking a new trailer up this Thursday, and I'll be getting it set up with wheel chocks and anchor points. All you would need to secure your bike in the trailer is 4 good quality ratchet type straps, and 4 short loops. If you don't have a way to carry what you need for gear and clothes, you could always get your stuff together and ship it to me by UPS and we will load it in the truck for you. I could then ship it back to you when we get back. You would not need much for tools etc. as the trailer will be fully stocked with everything you would need to service a busa, stands, spare wheels and tires mounted, air compressor, generator, oil and chemicals , tools. The only thing you may need is oil if you run something other than stock. Let us know.

(GSXcite @ Feb. 18 2007,11:35)
(boazalmighty @ Feb. 11 2007,09:06) id like to meet up with either some of you from kc area or east iowa ill.  ,  but if some one had room on their trailer  for my bike,  id be more the willing to pay some of the gas/ride expanses and more...
beerchug.gif

I will have room for one , possibly two more busas. If you want to ride south on 63 we could meet you in Columbia, Mo. on Wed. AM. You would need to let me know as soon as you can as I will be picking a new trailer up this Thursday, and I'll be getting it set up with wheel chocks and anchor points. All you would need to secure your bike in the trailer is 4 good quality ratchet type straps, and 4 short loops. If you don't have a way to carry what you need for gear and clothes, you could always get your stuff together and ship it to me by UPS and we will load it in the truck for you. I could then ship it back to you when we get back. You would not need much for tools etc. as the trailer will be fully stocked with everything you would need to service a busa, stands, spare wheels and tires mounted, air compressor, generator, oil and chemicals , tools. The only thing you may need is oil if you run something other than stock. Let us know.
count me in
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

check , check, check and check
on all the gear ,straps, rachets etc

im so friggin syk'd
super.gif

beerchug.gif

(boazalmighty @ Feb. 18 2007,11:39)
beerchug.gif

count me in
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

im so friggin syk'd
super.gif
Great Boaz, your in. It worked great for us last year. We all pitched in on gas so it didn't cost everyone a ton to go. I have a room reserved that has two double beds in one room with a couch, and a small room off to the side with a small bed where I'll stay. You are welcome to stay with us if you don't want to try to get a room by yourself. You can hit the couch or we will take a sleeping bag and air mattress for the floor. After riding all day, and attending the cookout and BS around the campfire at night, you would be able to sleep standing up in a tree. Glad you can make it, we will have a blast! Your bike is stretched right? Shoot me a PM and let me know the overall length of your bike so I can rig the trailer to hold yours. Later, Hal

beerchug.gif

welcome boaz
beerchug.gif
i'm looking forward to meeting you and omslaw...hey GSXcite, can we go ahead and leave now?
biggrin.gif

our convoy leaves N.C. friday morning. Metting up with punisher at noon. hope to be at the gap by 5pm. I've got crown/coke in my backpack
beerchug.gif

(semi @ Feb. 18 2007,13:45) welcome boaz
beerchug.gif
i'm looking forward to meeting you and omslaw...hey GSXcite, can we go ahead and leave now?
biggrin.gif
Have to wait untill Thursday, the dealer is delivering the new trailer from Iowa, where the men are men, and the sheep are goooood lookin!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(rockadaous @ Feb. 18 2007,13:54) our convoy leaves N.C. friday morning.  Metting up with punisher at noon.  hope to be at the gap by 5pm.  I've got crown/coke in my backpack  
beerchug.gif
Are you staying in the same room as the Punisher and Justtight?
SHOCKED.gif

(GSXcite @ Feb. 18 2007,20:39)
(rockadaous @ Feb. 18 2007,13:54) our convoy leaves N.C. friday morning.  Metting up with punisher at noon.  hope to be at the gap by 5pm.  I've got crown/coke in my backpack  
beerchug.gif
Are you staying in the same room as the Punisher and Justtight?  
SHOCKED.gif
sure!!! I aint scared

Oh lord. This is going to be one of those stories you only discuss with a bunch of drunk budies.

crazy.gif

(Punisher @ Feb. 18 2007,21:22) Oh lord.  This is going to be one of those stories you only discuss with a bunch of drunk budies.

crazy.gif
what goes on at the fire pit stays at the fire pit. right
poke.gif
LOL

(GSXcite @ Feb. 18 2007,12:36)
(boazalmighty @ Feb. 18 2007,11:39)
beerchug.gif

count me in
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

im so friggin syk'd
super.gif
Great Boaz, your in. It worked great for us last year. We all pitched in on gas so it didn't cost everyone a ton to go. I have a room reserved that has two double beds in one room with a couch, and a small room off to the side with a small bed where I'll stay. You are welcome to stay with us if you don't want to try to get a room by yourself. You can hit the couch or we will take a sleeping bag and air mattress for the floor. After riding all day, and attending the cookout and BS around the campfire at night, you would be able to sleep standing up in a tree. Glad you can make it, we will have a blast! Your bike is stretched right? Shoot me a PM and let me know the overall length of your bike so I can rig the trailer to hold yours. Later, Hal
hey hal

7fbe_12.jpg

pm'd sent

beerchug.gif

Back