Where is your bike most likely to get...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Came across this article in "Rider" magazine and was taken back by some of the statistics on stolen/crashed motorcycles. I tried to locate the article online so I could share but alas its not available. This was a June edition that I just got around to reading...Being that I wasn't living in Ks had a lot of catching up to do. So, here are some facts I dug up concerning this subject from 02/06 still close enough to make you wanna sleep with one eye open and your trusty S&W under your pillow.

<span style='color:blue'>From the Progessive folks...</span>

explains why rates fluctuate so much between members on the board. thanx for the info... time to get the bang-stick out.
beerchug.gif

We made number 4 on theft but that includes two major cities and several in between so methinks the ststistics arn't really valid.

xxx.jpg

There only based on one insurance provider... but, they're one of the largest in the US for bikes.

I'm so glad I live in Honolulu..... wait WTF?
that is not really new for us here and the funny thing is that there is no where to take them, and can barely find used parts.. Not that i would support stolen property but is a shame to live here, not only on motorcycles but if you own a honda is not if but WHEN it will get stolen... That why I keep my hump on without the grab bar.. and trust me alarms don't mean anything here I saw a pickup truck with a bike on the bed with the alarm going OFF, called the cops and they cant do anything about it ... I gave the plates from the bike and the truck and they still will not take the info down because the bike wasn't reported stolen so there is nothing they could do...

Wow talk about swayed data, Progressive is not allowed in Massachusetts so there is no data, I am pretty sure Boston would have made the list... It just doesn't seem legit when they don't use data from every state...

I'm so glad I live in Honolulu..... wait WTF?
that is not really new for us here and the funny thing is that there is no where to take them, and can barely find used parts.. Not that i would support stolen property but is a shame to live here, not only on motorcycles but if you own a honda is not if but WHEN it will get stolen... That why I keep my hump on without the grab bar.. and trust me alarms don't mean anything here I saw a pickup truck with a bike on the bed with the alarm going OFF, called the cops and they cant do anything about it ... I gave the plates from the bike and the truck and they still will not take the info down because the bike wasn't reported stolen so there is nothing they could do...
Wow... that really sucks especially if you hunch was correct and the bike was in fact stolen! Seems to me they should be able to investigate since you a private party gave them probable cause..

We didn't make it at all! maybe cause they were tooo drunk to notice it was missing! Or! Only the wrecks blockin traffic gets reported, others still waiting to be found.

IN THE MIDDLE !!

stolen possibilties
#6 Wash. D.C (60 miles away)

least likely to be stolen
Harissburg Pa. (60 miles away)

should we feel good ?? hahahahahah

Back