This is the most important article you will today or maybe ever

2hip

Registered
I love Motoport gear. I want you to read and see the real results from a crash in Mexico last month and see what happened to the bike and what happened to the rider. Maybe some of you saw my post earlier today about looking for cool weather gear. Since I have all Motoport gear...Kevlar everything..I gave Wayne a call about how to keep warm with Mesh/Kevlar gear.. He told me there will be some electric liner jackets in a month or two. While I was complimenting him on my trust and deepest appreciation for a bullet proof jacket he told me about the guy who crashed in Mexico...actually rear ended while passing another bike and he forgot to check his rearview before pulling out...If I am ever in a crash I feel 100 percent confident that my hide will still be on me....this guy "got off his bike at 70 mph...slid over 2 hundred feet..tumbled over 10 times and broke nothing and scratched nothing on his body...he stated he was litterally untouched...
I don't/won't bash anyone's gear. I'm just saying read this article...look at the bike and look at his jacket and pants...make your opinions. But I want my fellow riders to survive that "get off"...Wayne, from Motoport, may even include self deploying water wings for guys who like to go swimming with their bikes [ Aquaman are you listening?] just joking about that last part...please please look up the article it will be well worth your consideration. 2hip

Go to advrider.com...you do not need a password to access their articles. Open up the search button...type in "Motoport gear crash tested"...and then open the article. If anyone has ever been down to lower Mexico and seen their highways...their asphalt is not smooth like California asphalt..It is almost like volcanic spikey stuff... 2hip

Is the gear that was worn in the crash the electric powered cold weather suit you were speaking of? The website is blocked and I cant view it from here.

I am curious because my leathers are nice, but not the warmest things I could wear during cold riding. There is something about peace of mind when hard cornering and such.

How'd the other rider fair?

Wayne at Motoport said his website should be back up ...they were doing some sort of site modification. The jacket pictured is a Kevlar Mesh jacket. I have the exact duplicate of that one. The jacket must weigh 20 llbs with all of the armour. It is not an electric jacket. But it comes with a liner that a an electric liner will be released soon by Motoport per Wayne in 6-8 weeks. If you could see all of the softarmour in his jackets and pants you'd understand how well protected you are. During the summer when it is 105 degrees here I just put on a wet vest...wet my doo rag for under the helmet and I stay cool enough to ride with the kevlar mesh....if you don't know this already ..kevlar is over 20 times stronger than leather and won't come apart in a long slide. Seems stay locked in place and you don't end up with the polyester burns that some guys get when they slide on one side for awhile and their jactkets melt right onto the skin...Makes for an interesting tattoo of some sort...yikes...

Back