IMPORTANT - WHERE TO BUY YOUR GAS,

Liquidous

Registered
Before i jump right in and become accused, i want to say that I am posting this in the "General Bike Related Topic" because quite frankly the money that is spent by us gas users - sent to the wrong parties overseas - funds our potential destruction (and our bikes
evil.gif
) .. so with that. it *IS* related to our bikes.

the statistics / data below is intriguing.

WHERE TO BUY YOUR GAS,
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW

READ ON--

Why didn't George W. think of this?

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :
Shell............................. 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco........ 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco...........................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle E! astern oil:
Citgo....................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels ARC0.0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers.

It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on,! by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days!

evil.gif
evil.gif

evil.gif

evil.gif

Does Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, or Hess take credit cards.  I don't like to carry cash.

Plus, I'm not sure this will lower the price of gas.  Where does Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, and Hess get their gas from??  I doubt they all soley get it from Alsaka or Texas(U.S.).

I tried looking at the D.O.E's website to find out where Citgo, Sunoco, Conoco, Sinclair, BP/Phillips, and Hess get their oil from. But the site sucks! I could spend an hour and not find it.

Hey Liquidous,

Do you have a link for oil import reporting?

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111616041 -->

What about 76. I've never seen any of the gas stations you mentioned except one Citgo. I live in Seattle, WA area and I don't know of any of the others you named.

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle E! astern oil:
Citgo....................0 barrels
Sunoco...................0 barrels
Conoco...................0 barrels
Sinclair....................0 barrels
BP/Phillips..............0 barrels
Hess........................0 barrels ARC0.0 barrels
[/QUOTE]

So why are their prices the same or higher ?

Liquidous:

Don't believe everything that comes into your inbox... ;)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/saudigas.asp

If it weren't for all the gross statistical errors and the naïve grasp of oil industry economics exhibited here, this piece might actually have some validity.
Although the message quoted above doesn't address where (outside of the Middle East) we import oil from, many people come away from reading it with the mistaken impression that most of the USA's crude oil is imported from the Middle East. It isn't. According to some recent figures regarding crude oil imports, only 31% of the USA's imports came from Arab OPEC countries (Algeria, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia) in January 2002. The top six countries (by percentage of total USA imports) supplying crude oil to the USA in January 2002 were:

Saudi Arabia: 16.9%
Mexico: 15.1%
Canada: 15.0%
Venezuela: 14.4%
Iraq: 11.4%
Nigeria: 5.9.% [/QUOTE]

Here are some large companies that do not import much Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo 0 barrels of oil
Sunoco 0
Conoco 0
Sinclair 0
Phillips 0
BP Amoco 62,231,000 [/QUOTE]
Wrong again. The DoE tracks oil imports by company each month, and although the raw data are a little hard to follow (fortunately, the DoE also provides an explanation of their symbols), for February 2002 the totals were as follows:
CITGO is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the national oil company of Venezuela, so naturally most of its crude oil comes from there. However, in February 2002 CITGO also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 1,342,000 barrels
Kuwait: 437,000 barrels

Conoco imports primarily from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada, and not from Middle Eastern countries. However, they are planning to merge with Phillips, which does import from Middle Eastern countries (see below).

BP imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 BP North America also imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 470,000 barrels
Kuwait: 415,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 2,123,000 barrels
Algeria: 3,853,000 barrels

Phillips also imports from a variety of oil-producing countries, but in February 2002 Phillips imported from Middle Eastern countries in the following quantities:

Iraq: 717,000 barrels
Saudi Arabia: 1,100,000 barrels

Sinclair imports from Canada, not the Middle East.

Sunoco imports primarily from Canada, Angola, and Nigeria, not Middle Eastern countries.
So, "doing the math" and multiplying these monthly figures by $30/barrel and projecting them over the course of a year, supporting only the companies listed above would still be putting $3.76 billion dollars per year in the coffers of Middle Eastern countries.
[/QUOTE]

As the St. Louis Post-Dispatch noted:
Economics Prof. Pat Welch of St. Louis University says any boycott of "bad guy" gasoline in favor of "good guy" brands would have some unintended (and unhappy) results.

Although foreign relations wax and wane, Welch says, the law of supply and demand is set in stone. "To meet the sudden demand," he says, "the good guys would have to buy gasoline wholesale from the bad guys, who are suddenly stuck with unwanted gasoline."

So motorists would end up buying Arab oil anyway — and paying more for it, because they'd be buying it at fewer stations.

And yes, oil companies do buy and sell from one another. Mike Right of AAA Missouri says, "If a company has a station that can be served more economically by a competitor's refinery, they'll do it."

Right adds, "In some cases, gasoline retailers have no refinery at all. Some convenience-store chains sell a lot of gasoline -- and buy it all from somebody else's refinery."

St. Louis University's Welch says, "The e-mail presupposes that you know who the supplier is, and that's not always the case."
Finally, what this scheme proposes is merely a symbolic solution rather than a practical one, because even if the USA stopped importing oil from the Middle East, other countries will still purchase it. (Japan alone, for example, generally buys as much or more oil from countries such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait than the USA does.)

Complex problems rarely lend themselves to simple, painless answers. Simply shifting where we buy gasoline isn't nearly as good a solution as the much tougher choice of sharply curtailing the amount of gasoline we buy. [/QUOTE]

I heard they are making a pill you can take and your bike will run off of your urine. Just piss in the tank and away you go...

I don't know...but I think I would rather use up their resources, leave ours untouched. Something tells me we may need ours in the future...
guns.gif

All good points, but when you're running low, you're still gonna stop wherever is the closest/cheapest.

Please post up a link to the DOE site or state your source.

Interesting information...

Back