Where are all of the ZX12s?

Gixx1300R

Registered
Here in Orlando there arent that many ZX12s running around.At the local bike hangout there are about 150 to 250 bikes there on Thursday nights.I have only seen 1 ZX12 there and maybe 2 or 3 on the streets.How has the bike been selling?Is it the price?The performance or the Bad Press releases that drove some people away?Hmmm,I remember challanging any ZX12 rider to a race,Only Omega responded but he now has a Busa.Boy you would have lost alot of money Omega.hehehehe,Just kidding

Up in SC there sitting in the Showrooms. And to think I had money down on one before iI saw the LIGHT. Blue Busa light that is.

Showrooms of course, in the north east the bikes are in stock red or green. I have only seen on red one on the road.

Lots of 2000 Busa.

Dammmmn I never would have thought to look but now that you mention it I haven't sen one on the streets yet. Bay Area California (San Francisco area) has NONE on the streets. and if we do they are hiding :)

You got it Nick, you would have ended up with the deed to my house.
We have the same hangout down here on friday nights as you know, last time I went there were about 6 of them down there.
The funny part is everybody now aknowledges the superiority of the busa,hell we had a test and tune day at the local strip recently and there were 2 there. Both unable to get into the 9's. Busas with nothing more than pipe and pc2 no box cut or gearing changes were averaging in the 9.70's.
Its a cool bike but there's really no comparison.

Almost forgot, like everywhere else they are still sitting on showrooms all across south florida collecting dust.
But funny, no busas to be found anywhere!

Sittig at the dealers here. Every dealer here that I have visited have had a minimum of two sitting there.

One dealership is offering the green one for $9999.

They said it doesn't sell (and they are sold out of Busas..the used busa they have is just as expensive as the new 12).

-Dana

Here in Orlanado the Kawi dealer is dropping the price on the ZX12 to try to get them out the door.I think he is asking $10,800 for them now.So far I have seen a total of 4 -12s around this area since the bike was released.I dont think they are selling very well.There are Busas everywhere.I personally know 15 guys with Busas and there were 7 at Steak & Shake last night of guys that I didnt know.The Dealer here still cant keep them on the show room floor.All hail the King

Yep---as I posted in another post, I have only seen one 12 and my best friend bought it. It is red and he and I both agree the quality is not equal to the busa. He is trying (with no sucess) to sell it. He has advertised it twice and his top offer so far has been 8500. It is not a bad bike, it is just not the equal of the busa. There are no busa avaliable at any dealers around here. They are sold before they arrive. Anybody want a 12? I am going to demand a comission.

Saw one last week, here in San Diego, except this one was out of commission waiting its turn in the service department (House of Motorcycles). Man, a $12000 bike all busted up!

I haven't seen one on the street here in 'hotlanta. More R1s than you can shake a stick at tho.

Saw one sitting in state in a local MotorCycleCity store. Looked nice apart from the cobwebs, and the pig-ugly snout sitting under an otherwise quite atractive fairing.

I have to say I thought they looked alright in the mags, before they came out (apart from the terrible, afterthought air scoop),but the must be the only bike in the world that looks worse "in the flesh" than in pictures particularly the green one)

Looking over one in detail, my overwhelming impression was that they look top-heavy, and old fashioned.

have only seen one or two on the streets - probably all still running in!!

I have to say I thought they looked alright in the mags, before they came out (apart from the terrible, afterthought air scoop),but the must be the only bike in the world that looks worse "in the flesh" than in pictures particularly the green one)

Looking over one in detail, my overwhelming impression was that they look top-heavy, and old fashioned.

have only seen one or two on the streets - probably all still running in!!

I've never seen an uglier bike than the green '12. Haven't seen the red one; maybe it's better. The 'Busa looks so original, so daring, compared to the ZX12, it's almost sad... (ok, not really!)

-k

Hey you guys, you wanna wake up and smell the coffee. Sure the Busa's not a bad bit of kit, but it ain't got none of the finesse that the ZX12 can muster. Don't believe the hype, go compare it for yourselves. The ZX12 is just a better machine with better build quality and better handling.
A few extra mph don't mean jack **** . You try riding round here at 200 mph and your *** is gonna be in jail sooner than you know it.

Back