Where are the Custom Busas?

As of right now, the org has 1/3 as many members yet we have 4 times the amount of members online currently. If that shows you anything.
Careful with that comparision. The vast majority of "users" currently online on both sites aren't members - they're guests. And a large portion of the guest list are bots. That applies to both sites.

What did you think of the resources tab? Afterall, that was the point in all of this...

Careful with that comparision. The vast majority of "users" currently online on both sites aren't members - they're guests. And a large portion of the guest list are bots. That applies to both sites.

What did you think of the resources tab? Afterall, that was the point in all of this...

It shows both users and guests but in a fair comparison you are dealing with apples to oranges on a single bike dedicated site to a several model car site (I know what you're gonna say about DSM meaning just Talon's, etc... but in the grand scheme of things, that site is for many cars/motors/years/etc) so the info is gonna be way harder to find. If you go to the main "home" page here, and pic on a forum category (dyno tuning/touring/etc) there's pinned threads there that do the same thing, just not a drop down tab like you're used to. Also note that site is running different software than this one, and everyone I've ever seen running this software has been setup this same way. Maybe it isn't possible here? :dunno:

It shows both users and guests but in a fair comparison you are dealing with apples to oranges on a single bike dedicated site to a several model car site (I know what you're gonna say about DSM meaning just Talon's, etc... but in the grand scheme of things, that site is for many cars/motors/years/etc) so the info is gonna be way harder to find.
Is this an agrument against organizing information to make it easier to find? You're argument is that functional improvements may be worth it for DSMtuners.com, but it's not worth the effort over here to improve the website?

I honestly don't understand your resistance.

If you go to the main "home" page here, and pic on a forum category (dyno tuning/touring/etc) there's pinned threads there that do the same thing, just not a drop down tab like you're used to.
We'll have to agree to disagree if you think it's "the same thing without a drop down tab".

There is function. What happens when you have 200 how-to articles as pinned threads? How lovely that must be to have to go to page 5 to see recent forum discussion... Or how fun that must be to search all of the forum instead of a specific "how-to" section.

Why so affraid of change and quality?

Also note that site is running different software than this one, and everyone I've ever seen running this software has been setup this same way. Maybe it isn't possible here? :dunno:
Up until last spring, we ran the site on Vbulletin. There's nothing fancy about the set-up there in regards to the header drop-downs. It's just as doable here.

Here, let me chime in before the testosterone continues to escalate. I can say that, being one of what, two gals posting on the oRg these days and an admin. :D

BTW, moderators and admins are the ones with names in blue, for those who don't know ;)

We love ideas and suggestions Suede, but the reality is pretty brass tacks right now - the maintenance side of keeping everyone happy & implementing every idea falls on the shoulders of a few, and we volunteer our time here. Some of us have done the job for over a decade. Over the long history of the oRg we've had many things implemented and they were successful, and others never gained traction. Each one takes time and effort, continual maintenance, then babysitting post-implementation.

Coming here and getting defensive as if we've got a failing formula isn't going over so well, especially in a sea of members that have given so much of their time to one another both here on this very site and in person. We'd love to make everyone happy, but it's impossible, and believe me, there are about 100 stories of members leaving mad because something didn't go their way. Luckily, we have far more members that stay because they realize the benefits of what is here, if you just ask.

Resources here are limited to the people giving their time to the cause, and we stick around for the love of the Busa and the friendships we've made. That doesn't mean we don't want improvements, but that does mean change has to be planned, discussed, delegated and then become part of the fabric of what we do here daily. If we don't plan well and get full participation, it'll become a waste, and we've been there, done that before. In the end though, the sheer amount of time we already put in to what we have here makes it even harder to take on more projects. It's riding season, meet and greets are in full swing, and the staff here have families and lives.

I encourage everyone to seek out members for help if you need something specific. The membership here usually rises to the occasion when others are looking for help with their Busa, with mods, with ideas on the quickest way to part you with your money :)

Last edited:
So you're telling me that if it wasn't for testosterone I would have thought of that Vabs? ???

That, butterflies and rainbows.

Actually, I probably have more testosterone than some of the guys here. :rofl:

You would have thought about it if you had to babysit a room full of men Willie :hide:

:drama: ok, nuff said ???.....lets get back to the title, "Where are the Custom Busas?" :thumbsup:-----well this is mine, this is NOT a TRAILER QUEEN, i do ride it, i also enter in alot of shows...and i enjoy doing so, but when other people see it there first question is, Do you ride it? my answer is, YES, why buy something and not ride it :lol:.......i keep it clean and dust free all the time. :tongue2: when theres a show that im going to, i usually shut it down for the week and do an overall detail cleaning.
So here's a Custom Busa:

ZC3-WoW_2015.jpg

:drama: ok, nuff said ???.....lets get back to the title, "Where are the Custom Busas?" :thumbsup:-----well this is mine, this is NOT a TRAILER QUEEN, i do ride it, i also enter in alot of shows...and i enjoy doing so, but when other people see it there first question is, Do you ride it? my answer is, YES, why buy something and not ride it :lol:.......i keep it clean and dust free all the time. :tongue2: when theres a show that im going to, i usually shut it down for the week and do an overall detail cleaning.
So here's a Custom Busa:

And a beautiful Busa it is SKECHE!! I love the "Not a trailer queen" sign :laugh:

Very nice Skeche! And thanks for reminding me they jacked my Thread!:hijack:

Notice that Vabs just let that happen and then questioned my testosterone levels....

Back