Custom Painting the Busa

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
Howdy all,

OK, if you haven't read my pissed off thread then you probably don't know that my bike fell over in the trailer and scratched the hell out of the right side fairing.

Any rate, it will cost me about $500 with shipping for a OEM right side lower cowling. So I got to thinking. How much can a simple custom paint job cost. Thats where you guys come in.

My old GSXR 750 had a nice custom airbrushed flames on the sides, but that cost me barley nothing, they wanted me to show off there work at the MSF school, help get there name out. I have no problem advertising for good work.

Any rate, I want to keep my busa the same Blue/Silver. But I want the fairings to be painted the blue silver but have the blue silver intertwined together, like being swirled around by the speed. Either that or have it blue/silver and have it look like the blue and/or silver is being ripped off by the speed and showing carbon fiber underneath. Also have the same thing on the front fender.

For those of you that have had a custom paint job please let me know about what ball park range I'm looking at for custom work on the two fairings and/or the front fender.

Also post your pics of your custom jobs, love to see them.

Thanks,

Dave (Coach)

suz_gsxr750_99_bikepics_15702.jpg

Are you still going to be buying a new lower? I ask because the damaged one looked pretty bad around the Center bolt. Looked like it had actually punched free of the panel... Or was that just me?

Diesel knows a guy, "B-sting" that does some real nice paint work. He's on the wrong side of the coast from you but he might be willing to square you away for not a whole lot of $$$. Prolly wont be cheap but from the looks of his work I have seen it would be money well spent.

I'm feeling for ya man, rough way to start out on a Bus...

Rev,

Out of all the years owning the 2001 Busa, I never once dropped it. I buy a mint 2000 and this is the sh*t I get.. I guess its the 01 haunting me for selling her.

Its just a lot of scratches and a couple of gashes, nothing real major (did not go thrue fairing or crack it). If I had some touch up paint it could probably cover it up pretty good. It did go thru the silver decal on the side in some spots and wore down the blue below it. In all honesty, It could be a cover up job, but It will never be new or look 100% new if I did it myself.

<!--EDIT|ridercoach
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103636890 -->

There is a guy, Chris Espree, that was originally mentioned for doing inners that is doing some work for me. Seems pretty reasonable for the caliber work he does.

He's in Lake Charles, LA. It would require travel or shipping, so let me know if you want his info.

Well depends on the paint and qualty. You can get painted in Fl. for less. paint can run you $600-$2000 easy. You have a vry good painte near you, talk to him.

jwoldbusa (Jack, tell him Ninja Eater sent you.) Jack was going to paint my bike last year but I could not work out the timing.
http://www.superkaos.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5254

Back