When you bought the busa

Well, it was a little different for me. I hang with a lot of guys with sport bikes so the only question was "why a busa?" And the answer is always "to kick yall butts with little to no effort". :thumbsup:

I had to look twice, I thought you were using my name :laugh:

A long time ago, my buddy coined it right: " someone will buy a Harley when they don't know what a motorcycle is supposed to do"

:laugh::laugh:

I think most comments are [nice bike] But those i work around are very afraid of what it can do...so then the [your nut's] get mentioned often he he ..maybe cuz i'm 57 and gray
they think i should be on something slower .. like WAG said [yawn] :laugh:

Last edited:
Easy answer! While Harley is not the refined piece of artilery that you have, they are an american ICON! When Americans think of motorcycles, HARLEY is their first thought! We as Americans, should be proud of Harley and it's American Heritage. I certainly am!

I am big into buying american made and helping the economy...However, i wont drive a harley,and well....buell's dont ride,look or fast enough. Until then the "zook" will do. Then again I dont look like the Harley kind of guy anyways

I get the "What are YOU doing on a Busa" question a lot. I have not come up with a really good come-back yet though. It has gotten me out of a couple of speeding tickets when the cop sees all the gray hair. One actually said "Oh, I thought you were some young stud out here trying to kill himself". :rofl:

When my bike was still fresh from the dealership, the landlord's wife asked me, "Why didn't you buy a Harley?"

I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't prepared for the question, and in my weakness blurted out "Because they're too expensive." Fact is, I paid cash for my "08- could've had any bike I wanted. What I should've told her is that I was interested in the performance of the machine, and that I wasn't looking to bolster my self-confidence by buying into a BS image.

I've got nothing against Harley people, except that many of them are seemingly too busy trying to look "badass" to wave back. FWIW, I wave at any motorized vehicle on two wheels, regardless. Two-wheelers of any sort are sure to be quick friends of mine.

I forgot to mention that I would much rather have bought an American-made machine, if we produced a product similar to the Hayabusa. I would have even paid a bit more and been happy with a bit less.

I still have people come up to me and ask stupid questions. Last one said, saw you on that crotch rocket the other day, when you gonna get a real bike.

My reply..................... When Hardley makes one faster than what I'm riding now. :laugh:

Funny as Hell !!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I always get the"how fast u had it so far" question...(to which they never seem to believe the answer anyways) Then, when they finally spy the nitrous bottle(s), it goes into the "your f'n nutz" comments...:laugh:

I am with Anatar, when someone in america produces a sportbike comperable to a hayabusa, I WILL buy it, even if its a few hundred more dollars. But... I don't see that in the near future. So I guess I'm gonna keep riding all 5 of my "jap crap" bikes for now....

I get a lot of when are you going to grow up, slow down and get a Harley. My reply is I am 55 I gues it is never. Since my other bike is a VTX i guess a Harley is not in my plans.

When they ask why you didn't get a HD, Tell them "What do you mean, I did!" then look down at your bike with surprized look and go.... SOB!, they LIED to me! :thumbsup:

It works. Usually it gets a laugh.

Back