When its time to buy a new rear tire?

edcop

Banned
How many of you buy both front and rear when it is time to get a new rear tire even thou the tread on your front still looks like it has quite a bit of miles of tread left?

I have always bought in pairs even tho my front still looks half decent.

I usually all buy by the pair also, just something about sticking a new tire on with a used one to me. Just prefer all new rubber at once. I usually just end up giving the front away to someone who needs it, if it still has some life left.

I usually all buy by the pair also, just something about sticking a new tire on with a used one to me. Just prefer all new rubber at once. I usually just end up giving the front away to someone who needs it, if it still has some life left.

I hear ya, i don't like putting a new rear tire on with a used front either.

I think the "captain" or who ever owns this website should have a pinned thread called "The front tire barn" or whatever for people who need front tires that still have a lot of good tread left.

I sometimes feel guilty about buying tires in pairs and throwing away a good used front tire.

I generally have new tires sitting in the garage for when I'm ready for them, but I only change them when they're shot or not suitable for whatever I'm planning to do. I go through a lot of tires, and I try to squeeze every last mile out of them.

In my view, it's always the best idea to change both when replacing tires. Although I'm guilty of replacing a rear and leaving the font on occasions. I am very much aware of the consequences of running a shagged front tire. The combination of being both Cheap and poor decisions has led me to unintentional face plants in the past.

When making tire decisions keep in mind the front tire is the center of control. Cheap or shagged tires can be costly.

It's amazing how much 'cupping' you can get on a front, even though it has plenty of tread left on it. I always change both at the same time for this reason. Shiny side up!

I change my tires, or tire when they need replacing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed, it usually comes out to two rears one front. But I usually get track take offs that have a few laps on them. I don't like to waste money on new tires. Plus I tend to get nails in them often.

I have always bought in pairs, but felt guilty about the waste of a tire. But I think I would rather feel guilty, than be riding around with anything but 100% confidense in my front tire. I have been known to ride the rear until cords are showing. I however would not feel comfortable letting a front go that far.

Back