Tire wear bars...

There will be a "statically", or fundamentally different road / friction experience going on with different tires on each end.  Especially putting a dual compound on the back.  There will be microscopic "competitive" behaviours between the two. As far as what "you" feel, it's minimal.  I ran the Metz M-3 on the back before my front BT056 started showing stress fractures...and the new feel was dramatic.  Just loved the fact that the rear stopped sliding out at low speeds, really liked the higher speed stability as well.

As far as running out the last of that rear, it's your gamble.  If it's going to eat at you at freeway speeds or in general while riding, make the swap prior to leaving.  I like knowing "everything" is doing it's job while I'm busy at the controls so I can forget about those preoccupying thoughts.  

Swapping it out would be the safer choice overall.  Not that your 056 is ready to fail or anything, it's getting to the safety zone where the manufacturer wants yo to start thinking about getting it changed.  

"Just wait until you get off that stock 056 !!!!!"
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif
"YUMMAY !!!!"

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Some of you guys have to get your priorities in order.

Wearing a tire to the cords is as stupid as riding without a helmet. This sport is dangerous enough without asking for problems.

Let's do the math: say a premium rear tire is $250, mounted and balanced. If you get an addtional 10% of wear out of your tire by running it to the cords, you've saved $25.

Personally, my life is worth a hell of a lot more than $25.

I hope I'm never riding next to someone and get taken out by them when the tire blows violently and puts them down. If they take me out and I make it and see a blown tire worn to the cords, they're gonna wish they died in the crash...

Blue1

Bro, This is as low as I wanted to go with my BT56s. About 50-100 more miles & this baby would have unzipped like a cheap pair of pants. So, now I run the BT002s.

104_2189.jpg

(Blue1 @ Oct. 04 2007,21:43) Some of you guys have to get your priorities in order.  

Wearing a tire to the cords is as stupid as riding without a helmet.  This sport is dangerous enough without asking for problems.  

Let's do the math:  say a premium rear tire is $250, mounted and balanced.  If you get an addtional 10% of wear out of your tire by running it to the cords, you've saved $25.

Personally, my life is worth a hell of a lot more than $25.

I hope I'm never riding next to someone and get taken out by them when the tire blows violently and puts them down.  If they take me out and I make it and see a blown tire worn to the cords, they're gonna wish they died in the crash...

Blue1
+1!!

This thread (and some of the pics scare me).

Of course, 99.99% of my riding is track, we get to the wear bars (mainly on the corners of the tires) in about a day. The middle of the tire is completely new though. Sheesh!! If you guys need a rear and cant afford it...PM me. I'll be replacing my tires before the next trackday (11/25). I have a Michelin Power Race rear 190/55 med/soft compound. Edges are shot, but....the center has PLENTY OF LIFE. All you have to do is pay for shipping.

Never been down to the cords. I will admit that I have ridden for a good amount of time past the wear indicators. Normally due to inability to source new ones quickly enough while overseas.

Hey all you got to do now is ask what oil is best!
all_coholic.gif
The tire will be on your mind the whole time you are riding
SHOCKED.gif
That makes it not worth it! Otherwise IMO that tire will do your trip and then some. When the BT56 is totaly bald in the middle there is still 3/32 of rubber B4 you get to cord/belt.. I got 5400 out of the OEM rear and 12k out of the front.
beerchug.gif

I luv ya all but you "down to the cords" guys scare the heck out of me! I'd rather park my 175 HP motorcycle than ride with no center tread, let alone internal support material visible!

Raydog

Back