When you bought the busa

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
When you bought your busa, How many of you had people ask you, Did you get a Harley or Why didnt you get a Harley, It amazes me how many times I get asked that question, even by people who dont have bikes.

I still have people come up to me and ask stupid questions. Last one said, saw you on that crotch rocket the other day, when you gonna get a real bike.

My reply..................... When Hardley makes one faster than what I'm riding now. :laugh:

The first question I get asked is "Why in the world did you get a crotch rocket? ???

(Until I tell em that my wife bought it for me for Christmas, then they say "I wish my wife would do that for me") - not realizing that they just asked for a "crotch rocket" themselves :laugh: :whistle:

Nothing about Harleys. 98% of the time it's "how fast have you had it"? The other 2% is "are you gonna put a race pipe on it"?

you must have a harley look to ya :laugh: I've never been asked that one. How fast if the common question :laugh:

Well, it was a little different for me. I hang with a lot of guys with sport bikes so the only question was "why a busa?" And the answer is always "to kick yall butts with little to no effort". :thumbsup:

Easy answer! While Harley is not the refined piece of artilery that you have, they are an american ICON! When Americans think of motorcycles, HARLEY is their first thought! We as Americans, should be proud of Harley and it's American Heritage. I certainly am!

Harley has done an outstanding job of branding itself in a way that makes everyone on the planet, well, this country anyway :D well aware of who and what they are. Gotta give 'em credit, of course.

Notice how their stock price is doing? Yes, their ticker symbol is "HOG." How can you beat that for a complete branding effort?! :D

Still, the question I continue to get is, "How fast have you gone on that thing?"

I don't lie about it, but I don't think people actually believe me. To most people, 100 mph is VERY terrifyingly fast. (yawn)

:D :laugh:

--Wag--

Easy answer! While Harley is not the refined piece of artilery that you have, they are an american ICON! When Americans think of motorcycles, HARLEY is their first thought! We as Americans, should be proud of Harley and it's American Heritage. I certainly am!

+1, good answer! I usually get asked....is it fast?....how fast?....isn't it uncomfortable?

I think especially with the people that don't own a bike a Harley is just the first thing that comes to mind when they think of a "good" bike. It's just like Bose. Everyone in the world that's NOT an audiophile thinks that bose is the greatest speaker setup you can buy because of their marketing....You go buy a Nola Grand Reference IV system and your neighbor goes "oh you shoulda got a bose system" lol

I've only had a couple people **** on my busa. I think it's because they're scared of it. Ha! And for good reason.. be afraid.. be very afraid..muhahaha

When I take my helmet off I'm most often asked "whats an old guy like you doing on that thing...

26 Nov 06 017 (Small) (2).jpg

I rarely get any stupid questions. I guess being fairly built, much taller than most people and having that death look half the time doesn't make me that approachable for stupid people. :whistle:

I just tell them I wanted a reliable and well built bike, that parts won't fall off of.. I see more Hardleys ( yes that's how I spell harley) broke down on the side of the road than sportbike's. I like to call them WHOOPIE CUSIONS with wheels:rofl::rofl:

isn't harley getting a lot of their parts for their bikes from japan..because they are either cheaper or better quality .... or both :lol: giving away jobs that should be in america :rofl:

Back