wheelies??

I love the drama that "wheelie" threads atract...:rofl:

I do 'em all the time, mile long stand ups, or "parkin' lot power-ups", fun fun fun.(Pics soon)

got real close to 12:00 the other day, but if you coulda seen my face, it was obvious that I didn't mean to:laugh:jus not for me.. and I can't seem to shift into 3rd while do a stand-up yet...advice/tips anyone?

Wheelies are definitely fun, and an attention getter...but just be wise about where you are doing them and get you some gear if you don't have any :thumbsup:
Now my advice doesn't come from years of easy riding and being "scared" it come from years of wheelies and stoppies and learning respect for the machines we ride. Below are a couple examples :whistle:

GSXR 600 - Pulling a wheelie and a car pulled out in front of me...I quickly set it down and locked up both wheels....when I impacted the car, I would say I was traveling around 30-35 mph and the car was stopped...I literally flew out of my boots, they stayed in place and I flew over the car...walked away (barefooted).
before2.jpg

before3.jpg

TL1000R - Coming around a turn, pulled a 12 O'clock but still a little bit in my lean...left canister caught and away she went. I slid down the pavement baseball style for 20-30 feet as I watched the mighty TL flip down the street.
3.jpg

2.jpg

The moral of the story...be safe and wear some gear...you can thank me later :laugh:

Back