K8 Blown Engine from Wheelie?

HooDude

Registered
I live in a smaller size city, and so far there's only 3 K8 busa's here. I have the black/grey, some other guy bought the orange/black, and the blue/gold is still sitting at the stealership waiting to be sold. I got a text this morning from another busa rider who has an '06 LE, asking me if i'd blown my engine. I lol'd and said no. He told me he'd heard that a guy with a K8 busa had blown his engine, and it wasn't covered by warranty because he was doing a wheelie at the time.

I said this was a crock of sh!t and that busa's don't blow engines from wheelies, but he thought maybe it had been oil-starved from a long distance wheelie. I don't believe it for a minute. My bike is fine, and the guy on the orange and black is NOT the type to stunt. Last time we talked he hadn't even had the bike past 120 mph.

The guy that said he heard this told me he was going to go down to the dealership and ask about it, wether it was true or not.

Anyways, do you guys think its conceivable that the K8 busa could seize up or blow the engine from a long wheelie?

why not? stand any machine up far enough to uncover the oil pickup and it is going to fail..

Anyways, do you guys think its conceivable that the K8 busa could seize up or blow the engine from a long wheelie?
Yep , sure can .

The old roller bearing cranked 4 cycle engines were a better deal for wheelying across a couple states
smile.gif

let me tell yah i have an 07 and i can wheelie i havent had any problems but i dont make a habit of it.

From what I understand, the guys that roll long long balance point wheelies overfill their crankcase to avoid this type of problem. I just wondered if you guys knew if the busa runs dry when stood up for a while.

they also install a different oil pan with a swivel pickup which enables them to continue pumping oil longer than the OEM setup
beerchug.gif

You know what guys, I don't quite get the point on doing a wheelie on a bike like the Busa, I've always thought that wheelies and stunts like those are mere attempts to attract attention, and since the Busa is an attention magnet by itself, what's the point then?, I simply wouldn't risk my fat lady to a wreckage that way, don't need to scream for attention, I already have more than what I can deal with out there on the street when riding the nasty fat bh!!!
firedevil.gif

My 2 cents.

I don't quite get the point on doing a wheelie on a bike like the Busa, I've always thought that wheelies and stunts like those are mere attempts to attract attention,
thats only part of it.
its also about the rush of doing things lotsa guys are scared to do,
"pushing the envelope", using your skills to the fullest,
and getting away with something that can land you in jail
laugh.gif

I dont know if youve ever done a wheelie or not, but its pretty addicting! i find myself bringing the front wheel off the ground even when nobody is around just cause its so much fun!

Doesn't just happen to Busa's. It happens to other bikes too. Same thing happen to a buddy of mine and his ZX14.

wheelie is an addiction

when you start doing it, when you find space you do it again

i learnt wheelies with my cbr600 f4 and i have never had such problems.

Ive never wheeled on purpose. But the times that it has came up just by getting on the gas hard was pretty cool. Ive always been scared I would crash and make a fool of myself if I purposely tried to do one.

YOU ACTUALLY CAN STARVE THE MOTOR FOR OIL DURING WHEELING, DEPENDS ON HOW LONG YOU KEEP IT UP. ALSO DEPENDS ON THE HEIGHT OF THE WHEELIE,IF THE PICKUP DONT GET ANY OIL AND PICKS UP SOME AIR YOUR GOING TO DAMAGE THE BEARINGS. MOST OF THE STUNTERS HAVE SPECIAL BAFFLES AND THEY KEEP MORE OIL IN THEIR CASES.THE OIL PICK UP IS IN THE FRONT OF THE MOTOR AND WHEN YOU WHEELIE THE OIL IS GOING TO THE BACK OF THE ENGINE WHICH IS GOING TO CAUSE DAMAGE AFTER AWHILE.

So tell me, where is the oil pick up in your K8 busa, front or rear?

Back