wheelies??

Boyo? what? I don't get off on anyone crashing, hurt or not, and I've seen many off my friends do it. One last weekend, but I didn't run to say I told u so!

I don't get off of others misfortunes either but when someone who doesn't want to listen to the voice of reason screws himself out of money, time and a lost season (not to mention injuries sustained) for wanton thrills, time to let the words sink in.

To this day he's thankful for those so-called 'happy hater' words. Made him realize the depth and meaning behind the message.

Ok? ???....... I think it's great when someone let's it all hang out. Wheelies on a busa is awesome in my book and if the bike gets dumped so be it, at least it was fun doing it. Live life and wear your gear. :thumbsup:

Ok? ???....... I think it's great when someone let's it all hang out. Wheelies on a busa is awesome in my book and if the bike gets dumped so be it, at least it was fun doing it. Live life and wear your gear. :thumbsup:

Ahh, the innocence of youth! :beerchug:

If you live to ride but can't because you made a 'little mistake' and now your bikes a heap of parts and you've not the resources to put it back together... how is that living?

Sure, I never mastered the wheelie on my street bikes but at the same time I've never been without a ride for the summer. Low insurance premiums and the money I've saved from not being reckless pretty much sum it up for me.

I'm not altogether sure why so many people here are so vehemently against wheelies or other stunts. Surely common sense and logical reasoning had little influence on our decision to ride a motorcycle, particularly the fastest production motorcycle ever made. It's about speed and risk and passion is it not?

Most of my friends would say it's "reckless" for me to ride a Busa and maybe it is, but I love this machine and when I am wrapped around it I feel truly alive.

Wheelies, etc. are not for me, but to each their own. I admire the balls and skill it takes to ride like that and as far as I can see, nobody's life is put at risk but the rider who makes the decision to do it.

So what exactly is the problem again?

If your blowin fork seals, it's cuz you keep slammin the front down, back outta the gas easy when u bring it down, it Will set down smooth, just takes a little practice. And if it doesn't come up on it's own, even for a minute, twist harder!
Seriously, in 1st, sit up, tach it up to about 6 or 7, let off, when it falls to about 4 grand, snap the gas and it'll raise up into a little wheelie(front wheel will be bout a foot up) when u feel it there just hold the gas. It will tach out and set down easy. Just don't snap the gas and hold it wide open and u won't loop it. I know u didn't want a wheelie lesson, but it's addictive, start small, you'll figure out the rest.

When you say "Tach it up" Are you referring to clutching in and popping the clutch at 4K? I am nervous as all hell about trying my first one. At least my first one on purpose. I can bring it up easily, accidently, if I lay into the throttle, but once the front comes up, I get nervous and roll off the throttle.

i just do power ups in 1st gear.
busastandup.jpg

Last edited:
Back