wheelies??

hemi

Registered
just curious how many of u guys do wheelies on the busa. Call me a panzy, but i have owned my 08 busa for about 2 months now and have never wheelied it yet. I was the same on my 04 gsxr 750, i would rip on the bike pretty hard sometimes, but never did wheelies on it. I used to ride wheelies forever on my mountain bike when i was younger, and will do some on a quad or dirtbike, but on pavement it's a little different. I'm always afraid the first time i attempt one i will be eating pavement, so i like to keep both wheels planted where they should be. I'm sure it's not too good on the bikes either, i have heard about guys blowin for seals on the busa bc she is so heavy bringin down from a wheelie. Don't get me wrong, i love the insane power of this thing when i can hardly hold on, but i would rather keep the rubber side down. I know 2 or 3 guys that used to have busa's and flipped them back while doing a wheelie, just another reason i have no interest to attempt it

I Never could ride a wheelie on a bicycle, or even on my CR125 back when I raced MX, however; must be unknown suicidal tendencies, but I tried to learn on this "widow maker"???... but I dominate 'em now. just messed around with power wheelies in first gear the first week, then got the balls/stupidity to "pop" the clutch, leading to half mile 80mph stand up wheelies. They are SO F-ing addicting, but soon plan on stretching bike so I can't do ANY wheelies...Just spent a night in county for splittin lanes on a stand-up...:banghead: (NOT COOL)

so you're one of those guys i see riding down the freeway doin a wheelie at 100mph sayin "what a moron" :laugh::laugh:

so you're one of those guys i see riding down the freeway doin a wheelie at 100mph sayin "what a moron" :laugh::laugh:

No, im the dumbass standing up, lookin over my windscreen and sayin "Hmm that guy's no gonna spend the night in jail, and loose his insurence, but damnit wasn't that wheelie fun"....:whistle: keep it up bro, stupid hurts, and DAMN is it expensive! be safe

that sux, what did they get u for, wreckless op?? Not like i'm the smartest rider myself, i've done the numerous 140-150mph runs down the interstate in the middle of the day with traffic.

If I'm riding hard, the front end comes up on every dip in the road, and coming out of most corners, but I don't normally try to ride them, seals are expensive.

I stretched mine just to help keep the front end down, ( And I love the look )

i have some video somewhere from the go pro camera of me doing wheelies...trekfuel saw me do a few down at the bash i will not post a video of me breaking any laws though:rulez:

that sux, what did they get u for, wreckless op?? Not like i'm the smartest rider myself, i've done the numerous 140-150mph runs down the interstate in the middle of the day with traffic.

yea, but thats really what the busa is built for, and for those of us that didn't buy it to be a yard ornament, or just for braggin rights:laugh: and fockers that talk sh!t about it, deep down they know they're just jelous, or wanted a katana but it was discontinued... hey you were at least on the interstate... my dumb@ss had to do it on main st. at 5:00:banghead: I am by NO means implying to do any stupid/wreckless riding, it's just as hard as I try to remember, none of those @ssholes were there, signing the papers with me, it's so strange:laugh:

If your blowin fork seals, it's cuz you keep slammin the front down, back outta the gas easy when u bring it down, it Will set down smooth, just takes a little practice. And if it doesn't come up on it's own, even for a minute, twist harder!
Seriously, in 1st, sit up, tach it up to about 6 or 7, let off, when it falls to about 4 grand, snap the gas and it'll raise up into a little wheelie(front wheel will be bout a foot up) when u feel it there just hold the gas. It will tach out and set down easy. Just don't snap the gas and hold it wide open and u won't loop it. I know u didn't want a wheelie lesson, but it's addictive, start small, you'll figure out the rest.

Yeah mostly by accident not so funny when your looking at the road then all of a sudden your looking at your gauge cluster. Damn throttle :laugh:

I need to get some pics up on here of me 12 o'clockin it.

these bikes SIT at 12 o clock SOO PERFECT. I've wheelied tons of bikes and this one is so easy and smooth to leave there!

don't be afraid, clutch it up and be confident and you won't flip:thumbsup:

My two cents... if you ride super sport bikes long enough and like the speed you will eventually find that your wheel will come off the ground... Once you've done it you know your skills and fear level have reached a new level... Kinda like scraping a peg the first time - wow that scared the S out of me... While I don't recommend clutching up and riding wheelies, if you aggresive rider - even at times - it is territory you will eventually find yourself in... Wheelies and stoppies are the full exploration of the power and braking envelop of the machine.

Riding a wheelie with authority and confidence is not a skill that is developed in days or months - it takes years. I learned on enduros in the early eighties and moved on to street bikes. I cracked up my bikes many times and found myself in the dirt many times... And I replaced seals many times... Clutching up and riding a wheelie is stunting - controlling a power wheelie under hard acceleration is a riding skill everyone should eventually have in their skill set if you intend to ride sportbikes like you stole'em...

These day there are lots of advanced(racing)courses and stunting schools if you want to learn in controlled enviroments (recommended).

Idk About it taking years.... I'm 21. This is my first Busa but I had a 2002 Yamaha R1 since I was 17 and I think by the, I will say 2 month I could ride a wheelie a solid mile.

maybe I'm a small percentage but its all in the confidence and knowledge of what your bike will do when.

Back