Wheel balancing

I want experts in Here.
Revlis ?
BT ?
Vman ?
Any Tire Guy ?
My man whom is a Michelin Wholesaler in everything from sportbike to 18 wheeler tires ,
Promises me that the dot on my pilots is the Heavy point.
Look back at my post from 03 and my tire changes.
30+ balances plus can't be wrong.

I want experts in Here.
Revlis ?
BT ?
Vman ?
Any Tire Guy ?
My man whom is a Michelin Wholesaler in everything from sportbike to 18 wheeler tires ,
Promises me that the dot on my pilots is the Heavy point.
Look back at my post from 03 and my tire changes.
30+ balances plus can't be wrong.
What are they, "the experts clique" and everybody else is a retard?

link 1
What does step 6 say?

link 2
What does step 5 say?

link 3
And if that's not enough for you, link 3 is right off of Dunlops own site.

To be fair Dunlop does offer up this last little bit there.
"Positioning of balance marks and inclusion of directional arrows are not universal among motorcycle tire manufacturers."
But I have Mounted a lot of tires and the dots are always at the stem. I have even had to break down a tire again to rotate it to make it so because of the very reason for this post.

Thats a massive amount of info. and all good to...this is the stuff I need to learn about on my new quest to do my own tires from now on...Thankyou Turbo T!...what I learned is most of the manufactures designate the colored spot as the light spot and advise you to place it next to the stem. Or better, find the heavey spot on the rim itself, and place the spot there cause sometimes the valve stem is'ent always the heavey spot on the wheel.

Now, I'm sure bridgestone does the same thing, that is "put the spot at the light spot", (say that 3 times fast

tounge.gif
) but I can't find what bridgstone actually say's about it. Either way I will get the shop to make it good so it will get resolved or,
guns.gif
I bust out the guns
moderator.gif
tounge.gif
Today on our ride all seemed well but from what I was reading it could mean that the tire will just wear quicker and I will never feel it...it did say that one would have marginally more grip, if any, if the tire was balanced right, so I do want to get it resolved.

Here are a couple pics of the lead bling on the wheel and get a load of the size of the valve stem
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Back