How many here balance their own wheels?

You are wrong though. Flat out, plain and simple.  You may feel its the better balance and that is fine too but dont try to lay that on other uninformed forum members. Its just not right.
Sorry bud, I practice what i preach. i test it on tracks, streets etc. I don't just repeat stuff I read off the internet. If you don;t like my facts fine, believe what you will. But if I bother to say it, its been tested.

ha ha, you are so full of ####. I am done with this thread.

Its no longer fun when I have to fight off ....uh well I better stop there.

Later.

ha ha, you are so full of ####.  I am done with this thread.

Later.
Yep best stop. I'd hate to hear more of your infinite knowledge of nothing. Watch out for them highsides from unbalnced wheels. And btw make sure your frame sliders are intact for those parking lot drops. *yawn*

Where are your facts then Suzuki4Life? I will be happy to listen. Please tell me how a dynamic balancer is better than a static balancer. I'll give you this...a perfectly (freshly) calibrated dynamic balancer MAY be as good as a static balance done right but its not better.

Where are your facts then Suzuki4Life?  I will be happy to listen.  Please tell me how a dynamic balancer is better than a static balancer.   I'll give you this...a perfectly (freshly) calibrated dynamic balancer MAY be as good as a static balance done right but its not better.
I thought you were done? As said before, a static balancer can NOT compensate for tire growth. Will it get you killed? I doubt it. Guys at Summit Point rarely ever bother to even spin their wheels between runs. BUT on the street I have seen tires that will react VERY differently static versus machine balanced.

Well to tell you the truth ive never heard of such a thing as "compensating for tire growth" along with using a dynamic balancer.

Please explain further, a link to some information on the subject would be helpful as well.

Also which specific balancer are you talking about that can "compensate for tire growth" or do all of them do this?

How does a balancer compensate for tire growth? please explain.

PACIFICBUSA
The Shaver Immortal

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:11.28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (suzuki4life @ June 22 2005,05:32)
Quote (BentValve @ June 22 2005,05:29)
ha ha, you are so full of ####. I am done with this thread.

Later.

Yep best stop. I'd hate to hear more of your infinite knowledge of nothing. Watch out for them highsides from unbalnced wheels. And btw make sure your frame sliders are intact for those parking lot drops. *yawn*

+1 [/QUOTE]

+2

Well to tell you the truth ive never heard of such a thing as "compensating for tire growth" along with using a dynamic balancer.

Please explain further, a link to some information on the subject would be helpful as well.
What's to explain? balancing is mereing proportioning weight versus overall diameter. As a tire spins its diameter changes. A static balancer can not simulate this.

Physics:

look up:
theory of inertia
theory of momentum

Its sort of like the guys who argue about tuning, dyno versus real world. Facts do exist in time slips and opinions of riders, but "hard numbers" have never really been researched in enough detail to give you something to copy and paste.

I get it now, you are going off theory. Yes in theory a dynamic balancer is better. Too bad theory does not translate to reality.

Smart ass.

Back