tire balancing problem

MO-BUSA

Poster formerly know as qrychefanus
Registered
Hey anyone ever experienced a tire balancing problem? I went to my local shop the other day to get my new 200/50ZR17 Shinko done, anyway it took allot of weight to get the thing balanced, just curious if it could be something else or the tire it self? plus they used stick on weights on the rim..

How much weight did it take? If it took over 2oz of weight I would take it bake have them break the bead and have them turn the tire 180 degrees on the rim and then rebalance it and see if it takes less weight :thumbsup:

How much weight did it take? If it took over 2oz of weight I would take it bake have them break the bead and have them turn the tire 180 degrees on the rim and then rebalance it and see if it takes less weight :thumbsup:

What he said!
My rule of thumb is no more than 4 of the adhesive weights.

BUT..... they should have known that from the outset. Might want to find an alternate installer or do what I did; buy some spoons and a spin balancer. Worth their weight in gold as many tires as I go through!

Last edited:
Hey anyone ever experienced a tire balancing problem? I went to my local shop the other day to get my new 200/50ZR17 Shinko done, anyway it took allot of weight to get the thing balanced, just curious if it could be something else or the tire it self? plus they used stick on weights on the rim..

Prepare the flame throwers. The only tire that ever gave me problems was a shinko and it was a balance issue. I don't even balance my tires and other than the shinko I have never had an issue from 0- XXX mph

Most of the tires have a mark which has to be aligned first with the air intake valve on the rim ......Then weight balanced.Could be a reason for your issue:beerchug:

Most of the tires have a mark which has to be aligned first with the air intake valve on the rim ......Then weight balanced.Could be a reason for your issue:beerchug:[/QUOTE

This is true. You line that mark up with the valve stem and you barely need a balance. I am using the Shinko 009 now and my ride is great.

humm all good points thanks guys, yeah there are i think 8 of those little square stick on weights on it, somethings off, the guy i trust there was on lunch break, and the guy doing it was a newbie, the front was a snap, he took 2 oz of the stock weight off and it was perfect, im thinking i will go and get both re-checked:thumbsup:

Back