Tire Balancing

Thank you sir, that's exactly what I'm buying and the info I was looking for.:beerchug:
Just curious, have you ever balanced a tire on that and then machine balanced it for comparison? Everything I've ever heard about the balancer you've shown is that they balance very well and are smooth at any speed.

Been using for the last three or so years and it works perfectly... Coupled with my No Mar tire changer da Bug never gets a break from changing everyone's tires. :poke:
But, its so simple even a caveman could do it :beerchug:

Been using for the last three or so years and it works perfectly... Coupled with my No Mar tire changer da Bug never gets a break from changing everyone's tires. :poke:
But, its so simple even a caveman could do it :beerchug:

Thanks, got any pics of your tire changer? I think I'm done changing tires by hand, but I'm still interested.

Just ordered some dyna beads from Pashnit today, hoping they work on the 240 rear.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

with the front tire its 1 oz of beads...rear is 2 oz of beads...thats with regular sized tires,dont know if any different with the 240...

Universal Motorcycle Wheel Balancer

This is what you need $105. Dyna beads are bull****-just like slick 50--They have been proven to be ineffective. Computer balancer at shops are set up for speed--They are set up for tolerance to + or - 5 grams, so this parnes balancer does a better job than the shop. I use to short tire irons with plastic strips cut from a milk jug. I was a bmw motorcycle mechanic for several years. I changed my tires at home.

with the front tire its 1 oz of beads...rear is 2 oz of beads...thats with regular sized tires,dont know if any different with the 240...

That's a Startin point anyway :thumbsup:, maybe ill just sprinkle a few.extra and call it good, thats sounds safe, right? :lol:

I do mine with the same method as the video. I do it with two car jack stands evenly placed on the same notch and use the existing bolt/rod that goes through your wheel. Its plain and simple. I pay 6 bucks for mounting and move the old weights that came with the rim to where I need it when I balance it.

you're killin me man, hope you don't have to turn on that 'wing. :laugh:

I take it up to the dragon every year with the Busa and can stay up with the best of them. Rides like I'm on a cloud. There is about 900 of us on the goldwing forum that has them also. Sounds crazy but handles like a dream. Of course, you have to pick the right tire to make it right.

I take it up to the dragon every year with the Busa and can stay up with the best of them. Rides like I'm on a cloud. There is about 900 of us on the goldwing forum that has them also. Sounds crazy but handles like a dream. Of course, you have to pick the right tire to make it right.

Sounds weird to me, but I believe it. Talked to a guy last year with a big ol Kawi bagger something or other, sure enough, car tire outback. He love it...

Sounds weird to me, but I believe it. Talked to a guy last year with a big ol Kawi bagger something or other, sure enough, car tire outback. He love it...

I just cant wear it out

Yea, when I decided to do it which took alot of convincing it was well worth it. The steering is just a little different meaning you have to do a little counter steering but you get use to it pretty quick.

As I said before, the ride is night and day. I currently have 20,000 miles on it and 5/32nds left. I would never do it to any other bike but that seeing it's a floating 2 wheel coach :laugh:

Take care
Rick

DSC00330.JPG

Just got done replacing both front and rear OEM with Michelin Pilot Road 2's and put 1 oz Dyna Beads in front and 2oz in back. I took it up to 145 mph and it is smooth as glass. Ive been using them for about 4-5 years with no problems at all.

Some people dont get good results because when they break the tire down and remount they use liquid soap or some kind of goop to assist. The only problem is that it gets in the tire and the Dyna beads stick together causing an imbalance.

The best assembly fluid is vegtable grease that you get when purchasing tire changers. Your supposed to put a little in a spray bottle and add water. I just put a little on a rag and wipe the bead on assembly. Disassembly doesnt matter as you know. Just my 2 cents

Back