Tire Balancing

RandyEicher

Registered
OK, a question for those of you that change your own tires or have a buddy with a changer do them. What do you do about getting them balanced? Or, do you at all? I used to have a friend change the tires on my 91 and 92 GSXR1100's back in the day. I never got them balanced however, never experienced any problems. Give me your thoughts as I am getting ready to buy tires for my 02 Busa.

My friend has this balancing stand from Redline.
The quality is excellent and we've done quite a few sets of tires with zero issues.
I just balanced another set 2 weeks ago. The front needed no weights, which is rare in my experience.
The rear only needed a 1/4 ounce.
I've ridden bikes with unbalanced tires before(not my own). Few have no problems, most have a vibration, and usuaully the faster you go the worse it gets. If the tire balances without weight, fine. But I always check them anyway, as most times they do.
A bag of stick on weights is around $7 and lasts a long time. They are available in black or aluminum finish too.:beerchug:

Deluxe Wheel Balancing Stand Motorcycle Static Wheel Balancing Stands : Motorcycle Lift Tables, Stands, Chocks, & Trailers, Plus Automotive 2 & 4 Post Lifts

Have a No-Mar static balancer. Took awhile to figure it out, but works great!

of course you can say use DynaBeads and watch this thread really take off! :laugh:

that Redline one looks nice, but pricey..... I just bought a cheap harbor freight one. tool some tweeking to get it right, but works like a charm for the $30 i paid for it. and ebay weights :easy:

dyna beds don`t work it simply can`t work, laws of physics says that. motorcycle tire is too light to notice any off balance vibrations. dyma beds evenly distribute itself inside and do nothing to balance wheel. I bet you`ll feel no difference with or without dynabeds. I used static balancer and it works awesome.

What are dyna beads? Something that replaces a weight on the outside....just weight on the inside that adjusts itself.

dont buy into my nonsense....i use stick on weights and balance them with duct tape on top.

Oh, and don't think I'm a believer of Dynabeads, I have no opinion one way or the other. I usually just trade the bike in when it needs tires.. :laugh:

Back