eBay tire balancer part II...

As for additional tools, I ended up buying a three piece tire iron set from CycleGear. On the rear this time I had to use the spoons to finish off the last few inches of mounting the tire. The big red bar fully mounted the front. A friend that also has the HF changer says he uses the big red bar as his main tool for mounting and dismounting and he says he rarely ever has to bother with the smaller spoons except for occasionally having to finish the last few inches of a stubborn tire like I had to the rear.
[/QUOTE]

This exactly what I mean ! You cant get the tire completely seated on the rim using the breaker bar, so it basically useless in mounting. You will have to leap frog with two tire spoons to get it seated back on the rim.
You'll see exactly what I'm trying to say when you try mounting your tires back on.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131021603 -->

Also I had no luck using c-clamps, they just kept slipping.
sad.gif

As for additional tools, I ended up buying a three piece tire iron set from CycleGear. On the rear this time I had to use the spoons to finish off the last few inches of mounting the tire. The big red bar fully mounted the front. A friend that also has the HF changer says he uses the big red bar as his main tool for mounting and dismounting and he says he rarely ever has to bother with the smaller spoons except for occasionally having to finish the last few inches of a stubborn tire like I had to the rear. [/QUOTE]

Ok, from what I remember, Chris is correct on using the breaker bar for mounting the front tire, but I bet your azz you wont be able to get that beyyotch azz rear tire back on the rear rim only using the breaker bar. You will need to leap frog two tire spoons pushing the tire (bead) over the lip.

Back