What's the quietest helmet?

Registered
I have been wearing a cheap HJC and it lets a good bit of air in around the shield, I'm looking to upgrade with a big priority on quietness, so whatch'all recommend? Thanks!

You will not find one that is not improved by earplugs. An HJC may be lower priced than some others they are safe helmets to wear. I have a $400.00 Shoei sitting on the shelf in favor of my $100.00 G-Max :thumbsup: Any highway riding any lid will be improved with earplugs. May want to look at plugs before spending big bucks on lid that you may still want to use plugs for.:beerchug:

+ another for earplugs..

but watch out for morons that think helmets impair your ability to hear.. (excuse that comes right after impaired vision problems and before too much weight) :rofl: I can hear better with a lid and earplugs than any other way..

Last edited:
+1 on earplugs. I have used KBC, Shoei and Sparxx helmets thus far and find them all to be noisy without earplugs, regardless of cost or quality. Especially with my slipon, which is considerably louder than my stock exhaust was. Honestly, dont know of any "quiet ride" on a bike . . . :whistle:

Gotta have the earplugs. I've had 2 Shoeis, a Scorpion, a V1R, and now an Arai. All had howling wind noise without earplugs. Buy the helmet that fits and feels the best, get some 'plugs, and enjoy the ride.:thumbsup:

i like to hear my bike..no plugs for me just my shoei rf1000 and i can ride all day. then again i`ve seen ac/dc a few times so maybe i just can`t hear???:laugh:

I use Gmax also. Here in Fl it gets toasty. Any helmet with vents gonna have a higher noise factor. Ear plus probably best answer if you want a quieter ride. after a while it will be just as natural feeling as just having helmet on.

I have same problem with my Shoei RF1000. Going to Cyclegear tomorrow to get a helmet skirt ($14.95) which I think is better than earplugs.
I was told that Bell Zephyr is much quieter than both Shoei and Arai and it's only about $80 at Walmart. Anyone ever tried it out?
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried a helmet skirt on my Arai. It works well to keep the cold air out in the fall, but ear plugs are still the best bet for a quiet ride.

I tried a helmet skirt on my Arai. It works well to keep the cold air out in the fall, but ear plugs are still the best bet for a quiet ride.
yea the skirt helps a bit on noise but mostly keeps the cold air out..

Back