3x+ Helmets

Try a Vega helmet, they have sizes up to 5XL. I did a search on Yahoo and that's how i found the bigboy helmets.

Whatever dude, wreck and die, I don't give a ####....
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>MR BROWN</span></span>

Your first post were fine and when reading the whole post helpful.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>BUT WRECK AND DIE IS NOT FIT FOR ANY BIKE BOARD ESPECIALLY THIS ONE.  I DO NOT CARE HOW BAD OR MAD ANYONE GETS THAT IS NOT COOL OR EXCEPTABLE AT ALL.</span></span>
You are right, and I apologize.
How do you suggest that I convey my lack of empathy for a person who responds in a manner not conducive to further assistance directly after requesting said assistance?

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124747223 -->

Try a Vega helmet, they have sizes up to 5XL. I did a search on Yahoo and that's how i found the bigboy helmets.
thanks man, i'll check them out.

thumbs-up.gif

Mr. Brown,

thanks for all your "help" on this matter.  maybe i didn't make myself understood.  it's not that the helmets feel snug on my head, it's that i can't get them on at all.  that's why your post about how a helmet should fit rubbed me the wrong way.  this isn't the first place i looked for help on this matter.  like i said earlier, i've tried all the major companys 2x helmets with no luck.(sizing chart or not)

as far as me being a smart ass to you...  check you first reply to this thread.  hi pot, it's the kettle calling...

<!--EDIT|SDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124747665 -->

I wear a 7 and 3/4 cap, and my Arai RX 7 Corsair (xxl) fits real nice....just had to change to the thinner cheek pads.

Mr. Brown,

thanks for all your "help" on this matter.  maybe i didn't make myself understood.  it's not that the helmets feel snug on my head, it's that i can't get them on at all.  that's why your post about how a helmet should fit rubbed me the wrong way.  this isn't the first place i looked for help on this matter.  like i said earlier, i've tried all the major companys 2x helmets with no luck.(sizing chart or not)

as far as me being a smart ass to you...  check you first reply to this thread.  hi pot, it's the kettle calling...
In my reply, I included that "help", smart ass comment or not. Maybe you shouldn't ask for "help" if you don't really want it......I guess you have a different shaped head than every other person who wears the same size ball cap as you, good luck with your search.

Hey, Bighead.....you wanna meet me at FBC? I'll bring the lube.
laugh.gif
(that was funny)

Just kidding......maybe we can hit-up a couple shops and try to find the right helmet for you. I think the Suomy is the dealio for you. We can check em' all out! Let me know!

I'm in the same ballpark. My first helmet was a Shoei RF900 XXL. Fits perfect with the exception that my lips and chin are right on the front of the helmet. Other than that the helmet fits perfect in every other way. Wore that helmet for a year and a half and decided to look for something new. So I went on a mission to find a helmet that gave me more room in front of my chin. Tried on the new RF1000 in a XXL and that thing was so thight I felt like my head was going to explode. I couldn't believe the diffference between the 2 models. Also tried the HJC AC11 and a CS12 in a XXL and they were way too tight also. So I finally settled on a HJC CL14 in a XXXL with XXL cheek pads. Fit is ok and there's a little more room in front of my chin. Not as snug as I would like it to be. If I'm going to do any hard riding, I'm always wearing the Shoei. Maybe you could try to find a left over '04 RF900 to try on. That would be my only suggestion.

I had a similar problem. I thought I needed a 3X because most 2X helmets just didn't fit. Then I tried an Arai Signet 3X and it was too big! I went down to a 2X and it fits great.

It really comes down to the shape of your head and Arai is good at fitting different shapes. Note: all the other Arai models fit me like crap - only the Signet worked for me!

Here's my 2 cents on the Vega. They are not as well made as HJC and they are heavier. They do run ALOT bigger if you can't squeeze your mellon into anything else.

I wear an HJC but would LOVE to find a lighter, better made helmet with BETTER ventilation. I don't care what the price is if it fits better, lets more air through and weighs less!! I've tried both the Arai in 3X and the Suomy's and didn't find they provided any more room than my HJC. I might go back and pick one up anyway and play around with the cheekpieces, etc.

Whatever dude, wreck and die, I don't give a ####....
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>MR BROWN</span></span>

Your first post were fine and when reading the whole post helpful.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>BUT WRECK AND DIE IS NOT FIT FOR ANY BIKE BOARD ESPECIALLY THIS ONE.  I DO NOT CARE HOW BAD OR MAD ANYONE GETS THAT IS NOT COOL OR EXCEPTABLE AT ALL.</span></span>
You are right, and I apologize.
How do you suggest that I convey my lack of empathy for a person who responds in a manner not conducive to further assistance directly after requesting said assistance?
Lots of good thinks like. @#$% You are not reading.

Hey @#$% tried to help your sorry $%^ but you are to @#$@#$ to listen.

Just never bike damage related.
wow.gif

Also the main point with the new guys (or at least some) is control with extreme equanimity.

I have an Arai Signet 3XL, I wear a fitted hat size 7 and 5/8.
I like the Arai, alot, I had one for 4 years with my first 2 bikes, the one I have now I have had for 3 years, and I just bought another one (haven't used it yet) that I am going to have custom painted to match my new LE.

Hey, Bighead.....you wanna meet me at FBC?  I'll bring the lube.  
laugh.gif
  (that was funny)  

Just kidding......maybe we can hit-up a couple shops and try to find the right helmet for you.  I think the Suomy is the dealio for you.  We can check em' all out!  Let me know!
hey buddy, we'll have to do that. been meaning to hit you up since i started posting here for some rides and stuff. check your PM.

Vega's quality is fairly suspect. And as has been pointed out earlier, they're pretty heavy, even when comparing similar sizes.

Suomy's run small. Like, a size small. My Shoei is an XXL, but I have to get a Suomy in XXXL. So if a Shoei in 2XL won't work, the Suomy won't work, most likely.

Arai is good, and the different head shapes and shell shapes they have may help you more than a larger helmet. I've found that with Arai's the shapes make ALL the difference.

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: "Because misspelling the brand of a helmet is just sad."|1124831271 -->

i've had a HJC helmet since i started riding 5 years ago. it's a 3x and fits me fine. now that i have the busa i need a helmet to match. i wanted to step-up my game and get a better helmet but i am running into a wall as i'm not finding any companys that sell anything bigger than a 2x. i wear a 7 7/8 fitted baseball hat so finding stuff that fits my big ass has always been a problem. just sucks that i seem to be limited to HJC's. there's nothing wrong with HJC's, just wanted one of the cooler, pricier helmets. i ordered an Icon helmet in 3x and i couldn't even get the thing on my head. some guys at the local parts shop suggested going with the HJC AC-11, so i look it up and they only goto 2x. the only helmets they have that go up to a 3x is the same helmet i have now.

anybody have any suggestions on where to look next? maybe another company other than HJC that runs big?

TIA

p.s. please don't tell me to use the "search" button, i did already.
3x
rock.gif
rock.gif

...Never see one that big!! The biggest I have come across is 2x !!!
blush.gif

rock.gif

Hey, at least your head ain't as big as mine. 4XL BABY! I hate having a melon this huge. Only HJC and Vega make them my size, at least that's all Paul and I could find.

Back