A Quiet Helmet

Like my shoei
Sorry Guess I'm a nut cuz I like to hear my steed as well as all else.
Use ear plugs for shootin not ridin.
Just me.
30 yrs of riding and I can still hear a pin drop on the Sprint commercial.

I also think what helmet is quiet for which person has to do with the shape of the head. My Bell helmet kills my ears in my normal ridding position but when I adjust the angle of my head it quiets down quite a bit.

Ear plugs are the way to go imo. I never thought i needed them till I started using them. It isn't just a comfort thing for me, I actually ride faster with them in.

I am looking for a good quiet helmet. I currently have an Icon Air Frame, HJC, and the loudest of them all the GMAX Dragon. I would like members input on this topic. I am leaning towards Shoei. Thank you.

I tried everyting on at Cycle Gear and Shoei is the only helment that gives me enough space above my eyes so I can see comfortably through the Busa screen when I tuck in. Think they are all noisy.

Use a Gmax for my dirt bike when I ride paved road, very comfortable in comparison, but won't work on the Busa.

Curious about your handle, what does "knippie" mean?

People who wear earplugs will tell you that they actually hear surrounding noises alot better while cutting out the wind noise etc.

people who have never worn them think they cut out all sound. Not True!

I wear them on the racetrack and can hear exactly where or how close the person is behind me however I rarely wear them on the steet unless I am going on a long trip and always wear them when i ride dirtbikes. Just my 2 cents.

Great deals on Shoei RF 1000

Depends on shape of head..round arai or Shoei, oblong HJC

You pay for what you get in quiteness. My Shoei is tons quieter than my Nolan but in fairness the Nolan is a flip front

Back