Shoei Qwest or Bell RS-1 Helmet

booyah!

Registered
Been debating between the new Shoei Qwest and the new Bell RS-1. I found an awesome review of the Qwest at Shoei Qwest Review - webBikeworld

Webbikeworld hasn't released the review for the Bell RS-1 yet! Does anyone have any first hand experience with these two helmets. Currently I'm leaning towards the Bell as I have a long face and the Bell curves down at the bottom by the chin where the Qwest doesn't. Comfort, weight, and quietness are my main concerns.

I currently have a Scorpion Exo 1000, that has been great, but it's time for something new and lighter!

The guy giving the review reminds me of this cat....
- Surfer Interview Fail[/url]
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
The X11's can be found for around 350$. I have had very good luck with them.

I just bought a Bell Star. I have been wearing a XXL Icon Airframe. The Icon is a snug fit, and after a couple of hours it atarts to hurt at the top of my forehead. The XXL Bell fits like it was made for my huge melon. It's still snowy here so I haven't riden with the Bell...just sitting on the couch watching TV while wearing it for a while.

Never tried a Shoei, but I bought a Bell Star this offseason and used it the other day. Very nice lid. I bought mine from Sportbike Track Gear, they're an hour from me and I like to support my local company, especially when they have excellant service. I actually tried on a Shoei, Arai, and Bell at the Progressive show and I thought the material inside the Bell was the best quality and the Shoei was the lowest.

Never tried a Shoei, but I bought a Bell Star this offseason and used it the other day. Very nice lid. I bought mine from Sportbike Track Gear, they're an hour from me and I like to support my local company, especially when they have excellant service. I actually tried on a Shoei, Arai, and Bell at the Progressive show and I thought the material inside the Bell was the best quality and the Shoei was the lowest.

That's awesome you liked the Bell over the Shoei as far as quality goes. I really am leaning towards the new Bell, but I'd really like to hear some feedback from anyone that owns the RS-1.

Back