Bell Star helmet

im on the fence with the Bell Star Carbon but im just not real impressed with the weight of the helmet. I realize being Snell 2010 certified likely adds some weight to it but there are other carbon hemets nearly a pound less in weight. Although they are not Snell certified but imo Snell is the biggest scam there is.

there are only two helmets that have the Transition visor being Bell and Akuma. im hoping for 2010 more helmets come with the transition lens because that is something I just cant do without. I have no intention of carrying around a spare visor since I ride both in the day and night.

as far as now the Bell Star is first on my list mainly because if u want to go the drag track track ur gonna need a Snell 2010 next season. techs at the track have already made it clear that as of the spring Snell 2010 will be required. I just cant believe there are only two f-en helmets that offer the Transition lens. such a joke!

im on the fence with the Bell Star Carbon but im just not real impressed with the weight of the helmet. I realize being Snell 2010 certified likely adds some weight to it but there are other carbon hemets nearly a pound less in weight. Although they are not Snell certified but imo Snell is the biggest scam there is.

there are only two helmets that have the Transition visor being Bell and Akuma. im hoping for 2010 more helmets come with the transition lens because that is something I just cant do without. I have no intention of carrying around a spare visor since I ride both in the day and night.

as far as now the Bell Star is first on my list mainly because if u want to go the drag track track ur gonna need a Snell 2010 next season. techs at the track have already made it clear that as of the spring Snell 2010 will be required. I just cant believe there are only two f-en helmets that offer the Transition lens. such a joke!

I agree with you, I didn't like the weight of it either to be a cf helmet. Since it's basically the same weight as the Shoei I have now though, I can live with that.
I can't belive either that more companies are yet to offer a transitions sheild. The technology has been around for so long. The sheild is pricey at $130, but that's not much more than the price of a clear and tinted sheild combined either.
I ride day and night like countless others too, and I imagine there would be a huge market for the convinience of these sheilds. The more companies selling them for various helmet models would obviously help to drive costs down some also.
I tried the Bell for the sheild and ended up liking it's fit better than the Shoei X-12.
I haven't ridden in the X-12(just tried it on), but I have ridden in the Quest and RF1100, and the Bell Star's ventilation is far superior, especially the anti fogging.
It cost a little more than the Shoeis, but overall I'm extremely happy with it. I've worn several helmets that fit me good, but it's rare that one fits me so well: The Star really likes my head:laugh:beerchug:

I like,very nice.Iwent an bought a Nolan/intercom for wireless music JUNK.IM already using the gorilla glue to keep the internals in place,did i mention it was junk

Back