Bell Helmets

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
Any thoughts on Bell helmets? I have no clue if its quiet or noisy, - it is snell/dot so I trust its performance in safety.

BA Busa told me that BELL was the consummate helmet for safety in its day. I just dont hear anything about them in the motorcycle world.

Is the bell helmet a best kept secret? or Is it unpopular for street riding for a reason...

This one would look nice on my red/black 05.

05Wickedblackred.jpg

No clue... back in the late 70's was all that one knew of... I wish I could find a BELL Helmet from the mid/late 70's that had a view port that was wide enough for just 2 eyes @4 to 7" wide and @2" tall.. Dunno what model it was, loe to find a XL in it....

I had a Bell Star, that was a nice, quiet, helmet but it was very heavy, still a nice helmet.:)

I haven't seen a bell helmet in years , they used to be very top end and just about un affordable. bmw riders and cops used them

Bell sold out a few years back . That new Sprint was just released . Solid black looks good IMO .

Take a blast to the past by looking at the vintage helmets they still offer .

Bell

Bell used to be the shiznit way back in the day. Now both Bell and Simpson are pretty much useless. They still sell some of their helmets to car folks and occasionally I see some poor ####### riding along in a Simpson lid. But really if your after a comfortable, SAFE helmet. I would look elsewhere.

Unless your racing in a straight line in a cage 1/4 mile at a time. I have heard that Simpson helmets have a real "Tough GUY" look which as we know is so very important.

If I needed a retro lid though Bell is pretty cool.

Bell used to be the shiznit way back in the day.  Now both Bell and Simpson are pretty much useless.  They still sell some of their helmets to car folks and occasionally I see some poor ####### riding along in a Simpson lid.  But really if your after a comfortable, SAFE helmet.   I would look elsewhere.

Unless your racing in a straight line in a cage 1/4 mile at a time.  I have heard that Simpson helmets have a real "Tough GUY" look which as we know is so very important.

If I needed a retro lid though Bell is pretty cool.
read above your post I would like to find that BELL TYPE HELMET... But I know what you mean and totally agree with it...

For a Busa I read RF-1000, for a 1K(or similar) X-11 and thats how I made my choice on what I want.... and will ride with the only other I would trust would be the Aria RX-7 Corsair. Aslo like the feel of them as well as what I have read on them...

Bell just fell off face of the earth... use to have them in the late 70's when I got into motorcycles they were a big name then. NOW their nothing...

They sell Bell at Wal-Mart. I for one like Wal-Mart but...... I am not going to buy a helmet from Wal-Mart unless they start selling Motorcycles so that maybe they would be a little more Quality oriented for Helmets...

rock.gif

i went to the bell web sight and looked at the vintage helmets yea i agree the star 2 opening is bigger . i wonder if it was an auto raceing helmet i think the view slot is smaller in those?? i had bell star 2 and the opening on it was much smaller than on my Arai >>RAce1gun

Back