Anyone ride with a Bell helmet?

Bell Apex here. Very happy with it and the price was right at $118 shipped.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

I just got a Bell Star friday, but I had to send it back as it was too big. I should have the medium in a few days.
I got the cf, but was suprised that it was only one ounce lighter than my Shoei(I put them on a scale as they felt identical in weight). My Shoei is also the model before the RF1000.
On Revzilla's site their personal reveiw says that if you wear a large Shoei then the Bell Star will be snugger as it's a tighter fitting helmet. Not so, as I've been wearing large Shoeis for over a decade and the Star fit like an extra large Shoei. I can even comfortably wear a medium Shoei. The Bell Star runs big.
As a first impression I really liked it, and I thought the quality was very good. I obviously won't know for sure until I get the medium, I hope it's a good fit for my head. I also got the photocramatic sheild(like transitions lenses for glasses, goes from light to dark depending on comditions)so I really hope the helmet fits and ths sheild works. It would be great to no longer have to change sheilds.
I'll post some pics and more definate sizing comparison vs. Shoei as soon as I get it.

I am liking this one. My Shoei matched my 09 white busa but that was stolen a few months back. I now have the pearl white '11 and am really having a hard time deciding on a helmet that will look ok with the pearl.

image.php.jpg

Hey Marty I noticed that my IIcon CF helmet was not much lighter then the Shoei RF1000 I have. The noise factor was the reason I bought a new one to start with. The Shoie had got a bit to loud but it's really not any difference in the two. (A five year Shoie and a new IIcon)Let me know how your new one works, I might end up getting a Bell also.

I am liking this one. My Shoei matched my 09 white busa but that was stolen a few months back. I now have the pearl white '11 and am really having a hard time deciding on a helmet that will look ok with the pearl.

Buy the cheapest solid color and get it painted. You can even get the bike's color code here somewhere.

Hey Marty I noticed that my IIcon CF helmet was not much lighter then the Shoei RF1000 I have. The noise factor was the reason I bought a new one to start with. The Shoie had got a bit to loud but it's really not any difference in the two. (A five year Shoie and a new IIcon)Let me know how your new one works, I might end up getting a Bell also.
Will do Doug, I've yet to find a quiet helmet, they all seem much the same in that area to me. If I go out riding(not just a to b, up the road)I'm wearing earplugs, it makes the ride so much better. I've got lots of the yellow foam kind if you want a pack to try.
I'm meeting Mark at his house around 9 wednesday morning too if you're going.

I have been looking at them as well. The problem is that I like to try them on before I buy and no where around here has them. I have an XL X-11 shoei right now. I like it but it is a couple years old. Wanting something new.

I have been looking at them as well. The problem is that I like to try them on before I buy and no where around here has them. I have an XL X-11 shoei right now. I like it but it is a couple years old. Wanting something new.

Yea I'm kind of nervous to buy w/o trying on first. I have a pea head so I'm pretty sure a medium would probably work well.

I have the Bell Star Cerwinske. Awesome padding, pretty light and the helmet shape is unique. Mine does whistle quite a bit though. If I want a quite helmet, I'll throw in some ear plugs

Back