Anybody wear a Bell Star helmet?

I Love My Wife

Registered
Went to the Progressive show in Novi yesterday and actually got to try on some helmets and even talk to people who knew what they were talking about :duh:. My 3 favorites were the Bell Star, Arai RX-Q and Shoei RF1100. Personally I thought the Bell and Arai were extremely close in comfort and interior material "feel". Both helmets seemed to have better interior quality than the Shoei.

So I'm looking at the Star or RX-Q, with a slight leaning towards the Bell. Any reason not to go with the Bell?

thanks in advance

IMO I say Arai. I've had 5 shoei's and when I switched to Arai I couldn't believe the difference. That's just me I will only by Arai from now on until I find something better. I've never tried bell I always thought they were cheap helmets. I guess ill have to check one out sometime.

Might be wrong but I had a Bell Star in '78, cost $120.00 at the time all my friends thought I was crazy. A friend in his 50's at the time told my friends $5 helmet $5 head :laugh:

Not very good on peripheral vision. Shoei I think was introduced around that time in my area.

I've been looking for a new helmet as well. I've narrowed it down to the Bell Star Carbon Cerwinski ($650.00)or an Arai Corair Russel Replica ($800.00). I currentlly have a Arai and love it, but there something about that Bell star that makes me want to try it. Hopefully someone here has a Bell Star and give us their opinion. The only thing I heard negative about the Bell was the wind noise level on the highway.

bell-11.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    610.9 KB · Views: 1,596
There is a bike show this weekend so hopefully I'll get to see both of them there. All i've seen so far are pics in mags and stuff.

Have you found a good price for it yet? When I was looking everyone wants $859ish for it. I found it from a fourm sponsor off a different site for cheap. They don't advertise the helmet so Pm me if you want the place and price.

I pulled the trigger today. Ordered a Bell Star from Sportbike Track Gear, was a closeout model so the price was almost 50% off (has 2005 SNELL rating). It's the black and red with checkered flag pattern on the back. Also bought some Cortech gloves with the lid.

Now just need the snow to melt :whistle:.

Got my helmet and gloves last week and am even more pleased now than when ordering. The helmet came with the nicest bag I've ever seen and 2 sets of cheek pads. Sportbike Track Gear was great also very helpful, knowledgable people, super nice and great shipping.

Got my helmet and gloves last week and am even more pleased now than when ordering. The helmet came with the nicest bag I've ever seen and 2 sets of cheek pads. Sportbike Track Gear was great also very helpful, knowledgable people, super nice and great shipping.

From everyone I have spoken with in regards to the Bell Star, it is the one of the new top performers. Bell has made it their mission to be back on top.
Most reviews have given it top billing. I will be adding one to my collection very soon.:thumbsup:

I've been looking for a new helmet as well. I've narrowed it down to the Bell Star Carbon Cerwinski ($650.00)or an Arai Corair Russel Replica ($800.00). I currentlly have a Arai and love it, but there something about that Bell star that makes me want to try it. Hopefully someone here has a Bell Star and give us their opinion. The only thing I heard negative about the Bell was the wind noise level on the highway.

I'm in :love: with this helmet design... the price tag is a lil hard to swallow right now.. ALthough I do agree with the $5 helmet for a $5 head.. and well.. this noggin is PRICELESS.. looks like i'm gonna have to start saving up my :2cents:

Went to the DC bike show, tried on the Shoei X12, Arai Corsair V, and the Bell Star. Now I really can't make up my mind. The X12 is a good looking helmet because it is shaped really cool, especially in the back, the Arai is real comfy with nice graphics but i'm debating on the amount of pink at the back of the Russell helmet, and the Bell is something different alltogether, tha graphics are nice but the cf is'nt has noticble as I thought.

I had a Bell star in 78 also, riding a 400 four honda. I kept that helmet through 2 or 3 bikes and painted it to match..and yeh about 40 or 50 lbs. Hit a car with it on and broke out the driver window with my head and not a scratch on me. Those new bells look great. I'd ride with one no problem. It's all about the rating anyway the rest of the cost is the bells and whistles.

Back