3x+ Helmets

SDBusa

Registered
i've had a HJC helmet since i started riding 5 years ago. it's a 3x and fits me fine. now that i have the busa i need a helmet to match. i wanted to step-up my game and get a better helmet but i am running into a wall as i'm not finding any companys that sell anything bigger than a 2x. i wear a 7 7/8 fitted baseball hat so finding stuff that fits my big ass has always been a problem. just sucks that i seem to be limited to HJC's. there's nothing wrong with HJC's, just wanted one of the cooler, pricier helmets. i ordered an Icon helmet in 3x and i couldn't even get the thing on my head. some guys at the local parts shop suggested going with the HJC AC-11, so i look it up and they only goto 2x. the only helmets they have that go up to a 3x is the same helmet i have now.

anybody have any suggestions on where to look next? maybe another company other than HJC that runs big?

TIA

p.s. please don't tell me to use the "search" button, i did already.

Yo Big-Head... You do know that the helmets fit very snug..... My ball cap size is a 7 1/4, I wear a medium. Hey go over to Fun Bikes on Convoy St. Try some helmets on there. They have a huge selection. I wouldn't buy from them...too expensive. You can find em' way cheaper online.

I wear Suomy Spec1R..In 3x
It is comparable to my HJC CL14 in 2x...You might try Suomy it may fit...

Question....how long does a bottle of shampoo last you?
rock.gif

Yo Big-Head...  You do know that the helmets fit very snug.....  My ball cap size is a 7 1/4,  I wear a medium.  Hey go over to Fun Bikes on Convoy St.  Try some helmets on there.   They have a huge selection.  I wouldn't buy from them...too expensive.  You can find em' way cheaper online.
FBC is one of the places i checked.

i do know they're suppost to be snug, but with the icon 3x i couldn't even get the shell over my head.
sad.gif

.  i wear a 7 7/8 fitted baseball hat so finding stuff that fits my big ass has always been a problem.  
Try putting the hat/helmet on your head, it might work a little better.........

Seriously though, try a Shoei XXL  I wear a 7-1/2 fitted, and an XL fits me fine.....
Mr. B....you starting trouble again!
New definition for the term "Asshat".......

Okay, I'm not trying to flame you here, but do you know how a helmet is supposed to fit?
wtf man, why would i be confused on how a helmet fits??? is there some supper secret way to put one on. do they go on as tight as condoms?

let me tell you my technique and you can correct me. i place it over my head and pull down. when i feel resistance from the shell on the top of my head, i stop pulling.

maybe you use some kind of lub you could share with the group...

Whatever dude, wreck and die, I don't give a ####....
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>MR BROWN</span></span>

Your first post were fine and when reading the whole post helpful.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>BUT WRECK AND DIE IS NOT FIT FOR ANY BIKE BOARD ESPECIALLY THIS ONE. I DO NOT CARE HOW BAD OR MAD ANYONE GETS THAT IS NOT COOL OR EXCEPTABLE AT ALL.</span></span>

Back