Iridium helmet shields...Is vision ok with them?

84Ninja

Registered
Hi fellas. I have the Carbon HJC AC-12 helmet and I want to use an iridium shield on it. Is vision still very good with this type of shield? I wanted to get the gold shield since I have a copper. The rainbow iridium shield is nice too. Which would look the best? Thanks bros..

They are difficult to keep clean without scratching.....

Vision is pretty good I still prefer a clear for nite riding as racer said they are easely scratched if you are not carefull,But I run one on my Mechanica :thumbsup:

I never had a problem with vision with my joe Rocket iridium visor, and keeping it clean was easy using a micro fiber (always carry it around in my back seat). At night I always use a clear visor.

Thanks guys. I wonder if waxing it first before using can reduce scratching. Are the scratched obvious to see when riding?

I have one I use Plexus and micro fibre cloth to clean it...still gets scratched over time. I like it in the day but go for clear at night for sure - too old to see in the dark I guess:thumbsup:

black visors always look better after a few scratches. iridium visors do look real nice but as everybody mentioned,scratch like buggery.

They are pretty good for legal highway speeds, I have found they might interfere with clear vision (due to color blurring, etc) at extreme speeds...especially if used with other non clear items such as certain sun glasses or wind screens~!~

I have one, but haven't put it back on in a while due to this coloring effect while running on the track.

NOTICE OF RECALL OF ALL MODELS OF ADVANCED CARBON COMPOSITES EXT MOTORCYCLE HELMETS

this may not affect or apply to your lid just posting it for you to look into it an be safe... I had an iridium lens an loved it is was better for day riding than the tinted visor but scratched easily..

linky

Untitled Document

Vision is OK, longevity seems to be the biggest hang out. I get just about a year out of them from my experience.

I use a morrored visor on mine. I had the same problem with keeping it clean with out scratching it. I found I would go through a visor a year. I think they coat the irridium visor the same way.

It makes sense. Adhering a metallic substance onto plastic has its limitations for sure. Thanks guys :beerchug:

Back