Whats the most "McGyver" thing you've ever done ?

Here is one of mine. A friend lent me his camper to take my kids to jelly stone park. I filled the tank and hit the road. We had many things happen before we got to the park. Broke belt, muffler for generator fell off, lost breaks due to small leak.

So we stop to fill up just before the park. After filling up we get to the park and I notice a good sized gas leak. We park and I check out the problem. The hose to the filler cap has a big hole right in the middle. I put some pans under it to catch some gas and make some calls. Nobody has the part, and the hole will leak out half my gas.

So I pull the hose fast and cover the 2 inch fitting on the gas tank. I toss the hose to my wife so she can cut the hose before hole. (see we had a good time) My oldest daughter cuts the hose and then puts the gas cap on the hose and hands it back. With a two inch stream of gas shooting out I put the hose back on and clamp it. It worked like a charm, but at the gas pump I had to climb under remove the cap to fill it... I got some funny looks, but boy did the gas milage go up.

We had a good time...oh I almost forgot while wife was getting ready to cut the hose Kaisee 7 at the time falls, and broke her arm. Wife leaves with park ranger to get it fixed. I am under camper yelling what is going on while holding back the gas flow.
:)
1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought a non running GSX, noticed it wasn't running because of the most common throttle problem on 4g63 engine, the idle air set screw backs out even though it's factory loctite. I put some electrical tape around a bic pen and adjusted as necessary until it didn't die.

The guy was pissed that I only paid 400 for a GSX I could now drive home.

There was another moment that I wont go into detail about because for it to be mcgyver I think it had to work. But bottom line is there is nothing you should use out of your trunk to "try" and fix a NOS line while at the track.

nice McGyverin goin on in this thread...

I like to tell myself Im good at mchyverin things... But I bet we take a look at my attempted vs succeeded ratio, I would stand corrected...

I think my best was my DIY license plate tag from the factory reflector brackets. I read a couple threads on it, and got it all lined up and bolted up, and just didnt like it. I decided to dremmel the space between the two holes on each of the reflector brackets, so I could mount the angled bracket the plate already sits on stock. This made it more even looking, and brought the plate a couple inches towards the tail light where it would get more light shining on it. Thought it looked pretty good, myself...

Back