Whats the most "McGyver" thing you've ever done ?

I once escaped from a Turkish prison with Duct Tape, Bubble Gum, a Toothpick, 6 socks, and 3 pounds of c4 with detonators.

See, I jumped the guard, Duct Taped him to one side of the C4 to direct the blast towards the outer wall, chewed a piece of gum, hot wired a tractor trailer with the toothpick, and drove out...

I once escaped from a Turkish prison with Duct Tape, Bubble Gum, a Toothpick, 6 socks, and 3 pounds of c4 with detonators.

See, I jumped the guard, Duct Taped him to one side of the C4 to direct the blast towards the outer wall, chewed a piece of gum, hot wired a tractor trailer with the toothpick, and drove out...

What did you do with the socks????

What did you do with the socks????

After being in a Turkish prison for so long his sock probable stunk so bad that he used them to knock out the guard so he could tape him up. Or maybe he used them to protect his hands as he zip lined the electrical line out of the prison. :rofl:

I had a ball joint break on a 4 wheeler about 6 miles from home. I used an allen wrench from my tool kit and electrical tape off of a rack on a friends 4 wheeler. Taped the allen wrench around the tie rod end and dropped it in the ball joint hole. It worked perfect(took the road home, had never done that before:whistle:) and it broke the moment we pulled in my driveway:laugh:Thank you GOD, that would've been a long hot walk:laugh:

Stranded out on I-75(alligator Alley) at 3 am in the gas station with a hole in the radiator in my truck. They didn't have any sealant, but they had plenty of eggs.. stuck 3 dozen eggs in it refilled with water, made it home and to the mechanics the next morning. When he checked it out he looked at me :Oo: I said it got me here didn't it :poke: :laugh:

Stranded out on I-75(alligator Alley) at 3 am in the gas station with a hole in the radiator in my truck. They didn't have any sealant, but they had plenty of eggs.. stuck 3 dozen eggs in it refilled with water, made it home and to the mechanics the next morning. When he checked it out he looked at me :Oo: I said it got me here didn't it :poke: :laugh:

That is true McGyverism !!!

Never heard of pepper? :laugh:

were you the midnight express guy??:rofl:

Wow. If it got u home the mess is worth it. I bet the tech thought u were nuts. I mean, who would think of using eggs to seal with lol

Rockethead using Tapatalk

There is a really expensive sensor with vacuum line on the back of the GEN 1 airbox
Accidentally broke the nipple off, thanks to ALOOOOOT of epoxy and a small nut i have saved myself almost 200 bux:laugh:

i once helped a fella on the side of the road with a broken throttle cable.
i used some electrical tape to hold the choke cable tight so he had a thumb throttle. :thumbsup: got him down the road! :thumbs:

back in highschool I had a 65 mustang with a carter afb on it. Well, the damn secondaries would never open and were freezing closed when I would park for school. I finally got pissed off at after the car dying, flooding and then dying again. I stopped a chinese restaurant and grabbed some chop sticks. I pulled the air cleaner off, stuck the chop sticks down into the carb and forced the secondaries open. Ran like a champ long enough to get the carb rebuilt.

Another car, another trip. I had an integra that burned about as much oil as it did gasoline. On a trip back from Kansas City to Wichita, the damn thing fouled the plugs and left me stranded somewhere near Emporia. I had a zippo lighter, a spark plug socket set, and a bad attitude. I used the lighter fluid from the zippo to clean the plugs and remove the gunk form the elctrode.

Another night, I was wasted drunk and couldn't drive home. I was standing next to my car trying to figure out what I was going to do. A cop showed up, and asked what I was doing. I told him I had car trouble and was waiting for AAA. (What I needed was AA haha). But then it hit me, I disconnected the battery terminals, and had the toy truck drive me and the car across town. No dui, and I made it home safely. My parents bought me AAA for xmas, and it was the best gift ever that year.

Another improvised device was made form an apple, a mini-maglite, and a piece of screen door. use your imagination.

I don't wanna say exactly, but we'll leave it at this: There aren't many women in Turkish prisons... :rofl:

In days of old when knights were bold and condoms werent invented..I tied a sock...well you know the rest:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back