Whats the most "McGyver" thing you've ever done ?

My tag,,, which was mounted on my swingarm by a diamond plate bracket,, broke loose the other day. (unbeknownst to me)

A very nice man jumped out of his car and stopped me in traffic as my buddy and I were stopped at a red light. He said " Hey your tag came flying off about a mile back" I said "Thanks" and my buddy and I were able to turn around and find it in the road - a little mangeled up, but lucky to have found it at all !!! Rode to the restaurant to meet up with friends with the tag in my tank bag just waiting for the police to pull me over-- but that didnt happen. Then later rode home fully prepared to be stopped by some nice police officer doing his job... didnt happen though and made it home unmolested. :please:

Well I am no mechanic, I cant sing or dance, but I'm darn good at "McGyvering" when I have to.(Much to my wifes chagrin)

Our story continues... I wanted to go for a ride this morning as it was a beautiful Sunday morning and nice and cool before the Florida sun got too strong,,, but first what to do about my tag dilemma ? (I was riding even if I had to duct tape the tag to the back of my t-shirt.... yes I even seriously thought of doing that lol) Here is the result of wanting/needing to ride before getting a proper tag mount.

( BTW a BIG THANKS to the man who stopped to tell me about the escaped tag or I would have NEVER found that thing or even realized that it came off until I got home (well hopefully I would have noticed then)

I'll do what I have to do to ride!!!
No telling how long Ill be riding around with this Ghetto set up ,, but you know what,, I don't care,, I'm riding damn it !!!

Who else has a McGyver pic :laugh:

Ghettoo tag.jpg

thats funny man!!!i did a set up onmy old truck...i couldnt afford a cold air intake so i had some 3 inch pvc pipe and elbows and rigged it up in the truck with a cone airfilter and of course a little duc tape!!!it actually worked very well!

The funny thing is that most of those "quick temporary fix" end up lasting a long time. :laugh:
Don't ask me how I know:whistle:

:laugh:

The funny thing is that most of those "quick temporary fix" end up lasting a long time. :laugh:
Don't ask me how I know:whistle:

:laugh:

I know, Im curious to see how long Ill be sporting this thing around before my buddy Mark can make something respectable out of aircraft aluminum. (Hes gonna laugh his ass off when he sees this thing)

I have a feeling it'll be a while. :rofl:

no pic- but i once strapped a flashlight to my go-cart (duct-tape:thumbsup:) so i could go see my buddies across town at night... was about 13 or 14... fearless...

I attached a piece of plywood to the end of my bike trailer with the following:

HONK ONCE IF YOU LOVE RIDING
HONK TWICE IF YOU LOVE TRACK DAYS

I've gotten a number of single and double honks from other drivers, and even some truck drivers while I was pulling the bike to/from the track. Until one day, the plywodd came off and I lost it on the way from a track day. It was rainy and dark, and I realized I lost it only at home. Oh, well. Maybe I will do a better job next time I am in a mood to put up a sign on the trailer. :laugh:

I wont say this is the Most McGyver thing I have done...but it is the MOST recent one....heard stories from friends about a light on license plate...so I had this under the seat just in case (had a cool inspector...so No need to break it out) 5 minutes of work :crowbar: ingredients are reflector bracket (removed from busa), led pocket flashlight, tools needed drill bit plus super glue....and wall-la

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

I wont say this is the Most McGyver thing I have done...but it is the MOST recent one....heard stories from friends about a light on license plate...so I had this under the seat just in case (had a cool inspector...so No need to break it out) 5 minutes of work :crowbar: ingredients are reflector bracket (removed from busa), led pocket flashlight, tools needed drill bit plus super glue....and wall-la

I keep it under my seat just in case i get pulled over :whistle: super glue is Awesome...obviously temp only...but still glued together to this day :thumbsup:

Craziest fix I've had occured with my old tlr. Riding down the road, went to pull the clutch in and it fell out of my hand. I could see it bouncing down the road in my mirror.:banghead: Coasted the bike to the shoulder and started back tracking hoping to find something. Ended up with the clutch lever but no "pushrod"or barrel for it(hydraulic clutch like the busa). Through some clever macgyvering was able to use two sticks to get home. Still can't believe that it worked.:laugh:

Go to hardware store and get a leg th of aluminum stock. 5bucks and a few drilled holes later and u got a nice mount

Rockethead using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307984799.162594.jpg

It's not a license plate or anything like that but when I was moving from NC to AZ I lost me hub cover on my trailer in AK or somewhere around there.. so I replaced it with my breakfast drink!

photo.jpg

Mine involved a condom, a safety pin, 1 jar of peanut butter, a spatula 2 firecrackers and a shoe:whistle:

Back