WHATS THE BEST BREED OF DOG.....

adult elkhound

elkhound_2.jpg

Here is my boy Breeze. He obviously doesnt meet your needs but I couldnt resist a post opportunity.
cool.gif

beer.jpg

But I will tell you that I got my mom a Chihuahua (Gizmo) and they are nervous dogs but great companions.

IMG_2670.jpg

Then recently I saved spanky from a broken home and he is by the far the most loving and friendliest dog I have ever seen.

IMG_2720.jpg

As far i know he is 100% shitzu and everyone of these dogs I have seen are great little animals.

IMG_2721.jpg

I dont know if anyone has had experience with golden retrievers, but they are the most friendly dogs, they are playful and fun to just lay next to. my dog has never once growled at someone. and is medium size. 55 lbs

I LOVE MY BOY SUNNY!!! (i know, original name huh
tounge.gif
)

doggie.jpg

(BigDiesel @ Dec. 19 2006,08:51) i know you said no BIG dogs...but I cant help myself...I love Great Danes-they are very laid-back, affectionate n loyal dogs. Great with kids too...they do require alot of care the first year tho.......unless you like the idea of a 120lb. termite in your house
SHOCKED.gif
yeah, they chew shat up pretty quick unless you watch'em good n keep them supplied with toys.

just can't beat that giant throw-rug with legs for the kids when they lay down......
(alright, I just like dogs that make me look normal-sized
super.gif
)
+1
Also, you have to own alot of couch space

P5290094.jpg

GERMAN SHEPHERD dogs are the best!!!!  
biggrin.gif

But they're not "calm"  
laugh.gif

Labs would be a good choice.  Pitts are good to IF they are not aggressive to other dogs.

Kraut1.jpg

I just got a black and white pitbull 4 month old pup from a rescue. She is a very loving and smart dog. They have 2 speeds. Sleep and super sonic. I'm sure she will calm down a little as she gets older. My last 2 dogs were a Rott and a blue heeler. The heeler was a wonderful dog, but they are bred to heel cattle so she started herding kids nipping at them and neighbors. My Rott, Zeus, was the most wonderful dog I have ever owned. Very smart and well mannered. I miss him greatly. He got along with everyone and every dog he was around. The Pits are very people friendly but animal aggressive.

Here is my Bassett Hound Bebe she is a laid back as you would want. She likes to play but also likes to just chill out. The other dog is Hawgie. He is an American Bulldog.

PA290020.JPG

I am partial to the English Bulldog. As long as you get one from a reputable breeder, they don't have many problems. Here is Auggie, my 3 year old English Bulldog. He's very laid back and absolutely loves me to death. He is always 3 feet behind me and i've never seen him even remotely angry. He's medium sized at 55lbs. I can leave him home for 12 hours without any accidents, though I try and keep it under 8 or 9 hours. I also have 2 cats and they all get along just great. I get compliments from EVERYONE I meet, including strangers -which helps with the ladies!

AUGGIEANDCAT.jpg

Here's his brother Fredo. My best friend owns him and he is just a great dog as well. They have a baby girl and Fredo is so protective and loves her to death.
I should add, bulldogs LOVE leather couches!

fredo.JPG

I have a pitt and he's a really good dog but needs an active owner to work him out. My last pitt was not as hyper. Hands down my shitzu is the best relaxed and loving dog I ever owned. She's also only 13 pounds.

Bull Mastiff, the best dogs for kids.... this is @ 11 weeks old and 29lbs

Damn, thought i had a current one of him with the kids, he's 155lbs now, and just amazing with kids. I take him to St. Joseph's Childrens hospital when i can so the kids can see him, great theapy dog!

And yea i saw the Small/medium part, BUT when the picture was taken he was a small/Medium size dog lol

IMG00008.jpg

Shameless I know, but wife wanted me to post one of Zoe in her xmas outfit, so here it is.

zoe_n_me.jpg

(aqualung @ Dec. 19 2006,14:25)
(BigDiesel @ Dec. 19 2006,08:51) i know you said no BIG dogs...but I cant help myself...I love Great Danes-they are very laid-back, affectionate n loyal dogs. Great with kids too...they do require alot of care the first year tho.......unless you like the idea of a 120lb. termite in your house  
SHOCKED.gif
 yeah, they chew shat up pretty quick unless you watch'em good n keep them supplied with toys.

just can't beat that giant throw-rug with legs for the kids when they lay down......
(alright, I just like dogs that make me look normal-sized  
super.gif
 )
+1
Also, you have to own alot of couch space
or learn how to share..

post_12_81761_Big_Pup_1.jpg

my sister's little rascal... man this thing can run full tilt all day on the farm...... its nutz!!!!!!

1369070980_l.jpg

Back