WHATS THE BEST BREED OF DOG.....

AES

Registered
kinda kicking around the thought of getting my son a dog........ i want some medium/small in size, calm and reasonably intelligent. Anything that bounces off the wall will not fit in in my house. there is too much stuff to break. I know just about everyone here has a dog so i figured everyone would have an opinion ............... pics if ya got em

rotts. Hands down.
beerchug.gif
here's a pic of my two at the old house.

DSC03568.JPG

(rockadaous @ Dec. 19 2006,04:32) rotts.  Hands down.  
they are good sized but they are my choice also.
very loyal and obedient.
my close second would be a blue or red healer, now here is a dog that pound for pound is awesome.
heres a pic of our last man standing.

mighty_dog.jpg

invisible fence collar. he is actually my brother in laws dog. my rottweiler and blue healer departed this earth awhile back leaving rusty as the last.
the collar works good.

This is our little girl Zoe, she's a 4lb. Yo-Yo Poo she's very smart and calm, extremely spoiled and good with everyone.

Zoe1.jpg

I love pits they are the smartest sweetest most loyal breed i have ever owned mine are girls and are the best !! What ever you pick please dont buy theres no better christmas gift to your child or the dog you are looking to get then to go to a rescue shelter and save an animal !Good luck

DOG_LABELS.JPG

I love my Shar Pei! She is very intelligent and not hyper. a very good medium sized dog.

I also love my American Eskimo ( look at the mud on her face!) but they are kinda hyper - she keeps my Shar pei busy.............

DSC00623.JPG

Male-female Blue Heelers . AKA - Those  Little Criminals

The most fun pair of pals I've ever had and very loyal / protective .

It's comical how angry Cinderella gets at airplanes .

Cinderella back when she was new .

14_12A.jpg

Cinderella now

100_1798.jpg

The pair

100_1785.jpg

Boston Terrier.

WE miss Pepper something awful. Everytime I mention another Boston Mikki cries. Been almost a year that she passed.

GOD bless her little heart.

runeight...

mountainmotor your blue healer "cinderella' is almost like the one we had. they are beautiful dogs

Hazel is a Collie/German Sephard mix from the animal shelter. Best dog I have. Must make my decision soon. She is 13yrs and if U look at her hip bone U can see what Im talking about.

1218061314.jpg

Labradoodle. Sounds gay, I know. But, they are great with kids, dont shed, and hypoallergenic. They can run you as high as $800 for a pup

i know you said no BIG dogs...but I cant help myself...I love Great Danes-they are very laid-back, affectionate n loyal dogs. Great with kids too...they do require alot of care the first year tho.......unless you like the idea of a 120lb. termite in your house
SHOCKED.gif
yeah, they chew shat up pretty quick unless you watch'em good n keep them supplied with toys.

just can't beat that giant throw-rug with legs for the kids when they lay down......
(alright, I just like dogs that make me look normal-sized
super.gif
)

DSC00620.JPG

Australian Shepards - Smart, Active, Good looking. Need I say more?
laugh.gif

Razor1.jpg

(mattyss @ Dec. 19 2006,08:06) What ever you pick please dont buy theres no better christmas gift to your child or the dog you are looking to get then to go to a rescue shelter and save an animal !Good luck
Ditto!
Or go to Pet Finder.

You save them from the pound, they love you forever. Can't beat a deal like that!

I'm partial to rotts myself, but they require a strong personality to keep them in line. If you are not the boss, they will take over. I would recomend a norwegian elkhound. They are about 50-60 pounds, kind of like a small german shepard, extreemly smart. Very few health problems and cute as hell. How old is your son? Will he be the primary caretaker?

lilshep.jpg

Back