? for all the Dog/ pet owners

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
Okay ... I have 4 short haired dogs. They all shed pretty much year round (thanks to good old Mississippi weather). I give them baths about 2 times a month (except the bulldog gets em every week ---> allergies).

My problem is the DOG HAIR on the furniture.

I do not have leather unfortunately.. but rather this velevet kinda looking stuff.... My vaccuum just won't suck the dog hair off of it... instead, it just kind of COMBS it into the lines of the fabric.

I am thinking about trying slipcovers but I have a couch that has the pillows that aren't attached and like to fall on the floor all the time.

Any suggestions? Any SUPER POWERFUL vaccuums (Dyson??) that will get the dog hair off? We are in the process of getting rid of all the carpet in the house and replacing it with hard wood. So that is easier to clean... but this couch thing is driving me nuts!

I love my babies.... but I am tired of having to take my clothes off to sit on the couch... wait that came out wrong!!!!!  
blush.gif

With two Danes on the sofa for years, we learned the ONLY way to help with the hair was to keep 'em covered with sheets and/or comforters most of the time, otherwise you just spend most of your time trying to vacuum up the mess...

We finally purchased leather sofas and the dogs were banned from the furniture...that solved the problem too
smile.gif

Had a white Persian for 15 years... he would leave his coat everywhere! Now we have a Maltese - she doesn't shed
winkold.gif

We have a husky that sheded like you wouldn't believe . If he touched you you would have hair on you . We started getting him groomed at petco and they do someting extra ($20) called shed-less what they do is an extra 45 minutes of brushing . If your dogs are older have the Vet check thier tyhroid it will make dogs shed ALOT . since our dog has been on tyhroid meds he doesn't seem to shed at all .

47b6df31b3127cce96de0f78dc5f00000016108CasWbFmza2.jpg

I just called them and they said that the shedless is mainly for the short hair dogs .

Yup, the short haired dogs have those cactus like hairs that are hard to get out.

Get a German Shepherd, the hairs clean up easier. But the undercut does tend to float around
tounge.gif

Kraut10months0.jpg

use duck tape stiky side out and viola...
firedevil.gif

I use the duck tape to tape the heck out of the wife's dog..(LAPHSA APSO) and roll around the living room while play with him and that takes care of the hair... He does get mad when he is duck taped and starts to try to take it off with the furniture ... it's better than watching TV... unless the wife is home
argue.gif

Get a better dog... Chinese Crested for instance... (might look familiar)
smile.gif

ugliest.dog.sam.release.jpg

After a lifetime of Retrievers and Shepards, not such a bad looking mutt....

I don't wanna take the hair off the DOG (YIKES!! DUCT TAPE?
rock.gif
my bulldog would eat me!!)

Just off the couch...

And Bogus .... that dog gives me nightmares!

I'm telling you, sheets...just have extra sets and prepare to wash daily
tounge.gif

I'm telling you, sheets...just have extra sets and prepare to wash daily  
tounge.gif
+1 on this. I bought a couple at yard sales and drape them over the couch. Lift up one side and sit down and then the dog can lay next to you still on the sheet.

Also, get the Dyson, I have the Animal; works awesome!! Plus get something called the "Furminator". Takes all shedding hair out of your dog and cat painlessly and they love it.

You could also vacuum the dogs,once they get by the noise,most like the feel and the attention.

OR...you could just give up like I did. RSD.

dogs_055.jpg

packing tape... or a lint roller... i use both of those on my blues uniform and on the couch...

Shock collars! Every time they try to get on the furniture, give em a zap
lurk.gif

Back