What was your worst bike crash?

I'd say we have been lucky compared to some of course , we get to move forward with life , while the real unlucky are not here no more ...
We all know there is no guarantee of 100 % safety with our riding life choice , even if you do everything with upmost precision and care , we cannot account for instance , other road users behavior and skills . It is a given , acknowledged by all serious riders and at some level accepted , because ride we do .
Making good friends every day on this wonderful Org , please do what ever it takes my friends to ensure your longtivity riding your beloved , learn from each other , hone your motorcycle skill set whenever possible , and stay safe . :thumbsup:

Well one thing all of these things have in common is that we never see it coming. You can be vigilant, careful, defensive, etc. But the bottom line is when it's your time it's your time. So always being prepared to reduce the damage is all you can do. Wear your gear people!

In 2016 I broke my wrist, a few toes and some bone on my shoulder when I was riding my Sportsters. I came around a tight turn at 50 mph when a bunch of Turkey Vultures took flight and all I saw was the sky, ground, sky, ground. Got back up and picked up the bike with broken shock, gear shifter and rode it home in second gear for 20 miles with a broken wrist.

I think any crash you can ride back home is a good crash.

On my 97 zx9 going to the street racing spot. come from under a bridge that had a side road right after the bridge structure. Car ran the stop sign clipped my front tire and sent me rolling down the street and the bike after me. Came out of it with a bruised shoulder and knee and a scraped forearm. Heard the guy speed away and my friend who was following me gave chase but never caught the guy.

November 28, 2017. Was following a bus, it pulled into a bus stop, I continued along the road, and an SUV quickly pulled out from a driveway, and stopped straddling the dividing line on a two lane road. I was going 50 km/h (30 mph) had a bout 20' to do something. I might have slowed down by a few mph, but not much. My front tire hit their front wheel, and halted quickly, front fairing completely blown apart, plastic parts were sticking out of their fender which was peeled open like a tin can. I broke their windshield with my shoulder, breaking my collarbone. The particularly male only parts of my anatomy smashed the gas tank hard enough to bruise the entire region, but didn't break my pelvis. Bruises all over my body from doing the 360 across their hood, then gently face planted on the pavement on the far side of their vehicle. Stood up and walked into the ambulance, so I consider myself damn lucky. I'm done riding at least for now, i'll be doing physio for quite some time trying to get some range of motion back into both shoulders.

2013 bandaged.jpg

Got hit by a tornado in 2013 coming home from work on Labor Day weekend . . .

Put me out from work for the next four months recuperating .

Thank GOD for saved up vacation time !

Feeling much better now .

Red, *<(;{)-

:crazy:

Back