Rider Down

RIP

There seems to be a lot of posts about rider deaths and major crashes lately.
Do we really need to be reminded of every one of them?
There isn't a post for half of them. And the sad thing is, we beat the horse, and the people who really need to get the message seem to miss it. The new riders are dropping off pretty hard, gas crunch having an effect?

So sad to hear stuff like this. Easily preventable, and definitly a poor excuse. If you are driving any vehicle you have to have your attention on the road. If you can't pay enough attention to see other vehicles on the road it's time to get off the road. Take a nap, relax, or do whatever it takes.

Really just crappy. Keep your eyes open out there. They are trying to kill you.

The one thing that puzzles me is what was everyone else doing while this was happening? I mean seriously a semi does not go that fast and this intersection is very busy esp around lunchtime. You would think someone could have got out of thier car,honked thier horn or just did something. This guy was dragged over 300 ft for cryin out loud. Also I just found out by reading the jconline.com article under local news that no charges were filed. So I guess this means if you want to go put someone 6 ft under just learn how to drive a semi. No offense to you truckers out there but this story hits home to me cause I travel this intersection to work every day on my busa.:devil:

The one thing that puzzles me is what was everyone else doing while this was happening? I mean seriously a semi does not go that fast and this intersection is very busy esp around lunchtime. You would think someone could have got out of thier car,honked thier horn or just did something. This guy was dragged over 300 ft for cryin out loud. Also I just found out by reading the jconline.com article under local news that no charges were filed. So I guess this means if you want to go put someone 6 ft under just learn how to drive a semi. No offense to you truckers out there but this story hits home to me cause I travel this intersection to work every day on my busa.:devil:
I can understand it being an accident. They probably won't file charges do to the nature of it. Do I agree that "he will have to live with it" is enough punishment. No. But that is something that you see a lot. There will be civil court charges I am sure. The family will sue and win without a question.

Just plain sad. Watch out for those trucks man.

One of my biggest fears when riding is being run over from the rear setting at a stop light. I have always been very cautious and watched my mirrors like crazy while setting still.

RIP This tragedy happens more than you think. As a trucker I can't tell you how many times a biker has split cars rode to the front to get in front of the line an the truck when they stop right in front of the truck I can't see them if they too close.. Mistake goes both ways too cause I 've seen many idiot truckers pull right up to the back of a bike, so close they loose sight of them. i could see how after sitting at the light a bit just forget he is there when the light turns green and squash him. Not sure which way this went but either way it we bikers pay the price. Be aware guys take care.

Dayum

fallen_riderz.jpg

RIP

There seems to be a lot of posts about rider deaths and major crashes lately.
Do we really need to be reminded of every one of them?

If we know what happened we may learn if there is way to avoid it happening to someone else. I know it's pretty morbid god knows there are plenty of them but if it can enlighten one person thread was worth it.

I myself drove trucks at one point. The first rule the CDL instructors will tell you is: If you can't see the tires of the vehicle in front of you, it means you're too close. I always keep my bike in gear on stop lights, and I never relax on my bike. Every time I ride I feel like everyone is out to kill me.

I am assumming that the truck driver will go to prison, yes? I hope so, cause this kind of stuff really makes me pissed hearing. I don't think that there is absolutely no excuse for him not going to prison. It might open the eyes to other truck drivers of what can happen if they don't "see" what they are doing. RIP Young Rider....if you have children or family, wish them well to sue and make all the money they can. UNEXCUSABLE!!!!

Prayers to the family and friends.

This is the only reason I haven't taken my mirrors off. I try to watch people behind me at stop signs/lights because there is no telling if their attention is on driving or something else.

Back