Rider Down

pcosho

Registered
I was on my way to work today and around 1:30 pm a rider was literally ran over by a semi while sitting at a stop light in the turn lane. The driver of the semi said "I did not know that there was anyone in front of me." The man had just bought his bike yesterday, I think the paper said he was 22 years old. The driver of the semi actually drug this poor man 375 ft. before he noticed the riders helmet roll out by his driver side door(which he was not wearing at the time,it was hooked to the side of his bike). R.I.P my brother and for everyone else out there PLEASE BE SAFE OUT THERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME!:unhappy:

hate to hear this...prayers sent for those left behind

WOW !!!!!!!! Just Sitting at a Light :wtf: Let's See, Oncoming Left Hand Turns, People Overtaking your Lane. :dunno:

RIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers Sent

How could he not see him when he was pulling up to the light. I know its those dam (crotch rockets doing stupid stuff again):poke: It must have been moven so fast he couldn't see him. Then came to a complete stop right in front of him.

So sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers to all involved.

incidents like this are senseless and easily preventable if people would just pay a little bit of attention. Always be aware of your surroundings and look for ways to minimize your risk. It's in the :rulez: for everyone and everything at all times. I know not a place to start a rant but I have seen too much senseless loss of life in my days.

Not sure how he could not have seen him, jeez! RIP, brotha. :please:

RIP

There seems to be a lot of posts about rider deaths and major crashes lately.
Do we really need to be reminded of every one of them?

I had a job driving a dump truck many years ago when I was first discharged from the military. The truck was a mack with a long hood. I almost ran over a guy on foot the very same way. I couldn't see him over the hood and when I released the clutch to spread a load, some dip stick had walked around the front of the truck and I come ever so close to squishing that guy. Still think about it now and then.

So I can see how this could happen with an unattentive truck driver. Pulls up behind the bike at a light so close he can't see him over the hood. Maybe fiddles with his thermos to pour a cup of jave then the light turns green and he has forgotten all about the bike he approached at the light. New rider, maybe a bit slow to get moving and it's all over but the slow walking and the sad singing.

RIP Young Man!

Back