What RPM does your turbo start building boost?

Switch to a BB cartridge or put a smaller exhaust wheel on it. a BC will absolutely help. Whats the timing and air/fuel ratio?

I should have clarified my question a bit better. I'd like my boost to hit at a lower RPM so that when crusing in a non-boosted maner you don't have to drop as many gears (or reach as high of an rpm) to obtain boost. I don't think a controller will help here.

It's my understanding this is maily a function of the turbo itself.

Put a very small dry nitrous unit on a wide open throttle switch and have a boost switch in series. When you hit the throttle it will INSTANTLY make boost and then have a Hobbs switch turn the nitrous off at say 6 psi. This is the way I do my drag bikes and holy crap with 30 psi of boost. It will be pretty violent for you too unless you put a progressive nitrous controller on it also. My turbo Busa street bike does the same thing as yours but I prefer it not to be violent when the boost comes on but it is pretty strong by 6,000

I left Richard a message today (plus and IM) about getting a new smaller housing.

I also asked for pricing on a Ball bearing turbo, but I suspect I'll just drop housing size to gain 1500 or so earlier boost entry.

mine spools around 5500 and iam still running off spring at full boost 8300 we like to call it the blue light special, cause the shift light will flash and all hell breaks loose.... i hve a switch that will preload my track map at 30pds of boost just not in a hurry to hit it lol

Back