Can Not See Boost

madlyhs

Registered
My brother just finished installing a KKK 27 Turbo which he got of an Audi Quattro on his 99 Busa . He is still testing it so he did not install FMU and still using Stock fuel pump. The bike run smooth only one problem can not see boost , he duplicated my vacuum lines setup as I have VR stage 1 Turbo and yet no Boost reading. We are able to see vacuum but no boost we have relocated the boost gauge hose to different locations including the Turbo but failed to see Boost .

Any suggestions are we doing anything wrong ??

TIA

Any suggestions  are we doing anything wrong ??
Besides the fact that you are installing a turbo off of an Audi Quattro on a Busa...
rock.gif

A Turbo is Still a Turbo . Yes it was on Audi but will work on bike too . Did you know that NLR uses the KKK on their Race System Generation 01 ?? it might not be the same Spec but it is Still KKK 27
smile.gif

Anyway we appreciate and value useful input from all.

KKK27 turbochargers comes with four different turbines 6.11 - 7- 9.11 - 11.11. which one is it?? I would think it is not spooling up enough for you to see the boost once it gets to the plenum, but that is just a guess??

KKK27 turbochargers comes with four different turbines 6.11 - 7- 9.11 - 11.11. which one is it??  I would think it is not spooling up enough for you to see the boost once it gets to the plenum, but that is just a guess??
This is EXACTLY why I love reading your posts about turbo's Ninja. Always have some valuable insight.
cool.gif
bowdown.gif

News Update:

The problem was traced to a bad hose and now there is Boost (not sure about the Turbine). My brother did not listen to your advice or mine and took the bike for a ride (still with the Stock pump and no FMU). After 30 minutes my brother calls me and tells me that his bike broken down and he thinks that the engine blow up!!! .

I asked him what was your Boost reading and he replied I took the bike as high as 25 PSI ( many are questioning this figure but that what he said !!), I told him why didn’t you listen to me ? ! You were not supposed to exceed 8 PSI. After he took the bike home and opened it he found that the modified stock intake air system split in half and some oil around cylinder block .

I told him you are very lucky that your stock intake blow and not your engine (well that's what he hope ), I think he learned his lesson .

Now I have a question for the Turbo Gurus , since he achieved the questionable 25 PSI !! does that necessarily mean he also achieved the hp to go with it (25x14.1 = 352.5 + 155 = 507 hp) ??
Or was that 25 PSI of hot air and no true hp power?
Just curious to find this out .

Thanks

Man with all the knowledge your brother has on doing this work...He should have known better and listened to you on the boost issue...8pds and no more...Anyway I hope that the problem lies in the home made plenum as well...Will the engine turn over now???
evil.gif

Engine is running well he is going to do a compression test on the engine to make sure things are still in order
rock.gif

Thanks guys I know for a fact he is now more worried and hence will be more careful as he saw flashes of engine re-build when he heard BOOM coming from the engine .

Few more pictures hope you do not mind
smile.gif

Pic 7

DSCI0025.JPG

Back