Velocity Stage 1

madlyhs

Registered
Last night my brother and I started the bike for the first time (as Turbo Busa) system is running fine we noticed a small oil leak will fix it soon.  
The installation manual did not specify where to connect the Boost gauge!   So for my testing purposes I connected the gauge to the last Throttle body 4 (next to the new fuel pump). I removed the terminating plug on that throttle and inserted the Boost gauge hose to it my question is this the right place?? Need to know that I am reading the right boost level please help.

We also noticed after starting the bike the RPM was reading more than 2.5 RPM! Before the Turbo the RPM would read 1.1RPM so is this normal or do I have a problem?? I am still waiting for the power commander to finalize the installation could this be it??

Is it a good idea to install an Oil pressure gauge, which one do you recommend?

Thank you in advance  
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088396156 -->

I saw your post about not getting tech support? Have you tried calling the shop? We are here most of the time and are very willing to help out.

pulling your boost off of a throttle body will work fine. Just do not connect it to the line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. The hi idle usually means a vacuum leak. Check all the vacuum lines. Its best to call the shop for tech support, I do not always see these posts.  Barry

<!--EDIT|VelocityRacing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089068455 -->

Thank you for the info  , but as you know I am based in Kuwait and the calls to the US are about $2.5 per minutes very expensive  hence , I use posts /email instead.

Also  since I got the kit I have already spent another $1000 for kit modifications  & PCIIIr   in order  to bolt it on  
rock.gif
!!  I will post all the problems that I faced and modifications measures that I had to take in order to make it fit along with some pictures (basically every aspect of the kit was modified)   
mad.gif

You should have spent the money to call. Every turbo system we sell is bolted directly on a bike in our shop and fitted. I am not sure what could possibly not fit besides the oil cooler. They are sometimes hard to fit if the turbo is not modified and the turbo is not pushed all the way back towards the motor when you tighten up the header bolts. That is the only problems we have ever had and have sold over 50 of those stage 1 kits to date. Barry

Thanks Barry . I did not have an issue with the Oil cooler it was very easy to install fancy that . Just briefly I will explain to you what problems I had & still have :-

1- I wanted the Dump pipes you sent the Full exhaust.

2- The coupling houses were missing .

3- The Plenum Boots and clips were missing (you did FedEx them 10 days later).

4- Sensor on the Plenum was obstructing had to break the housing and solder the wires directly and use shrinking sleeves for protections.

5- Filter and length of fuel lines were obstructing the Tank and hoses were kinked no matter what I did, it just did not work so changed all fuel lines , fittings , & used in tank filter instead.

6- Turbo intake angel needed to be modified (the housing /pipe that connect to the Plenum) . I could not rotate it after removing the screws as the actuator was not allowing me to rotate more, I had to cut and re-weld the pipe which was already welded to the Turbo .

7- Exhaust pipe and Muffler (when connected) are touching the chassis , actually sitting on the chassis I will have to heat the pipe to make enough clearance between the exhaust and the bikes chassis.

8-No gasket for between the header and Turbo (it is good practice to use one as far as I know ) . I installed one.

9- Brass fittings on Turbo for Vacuum lines came off (no thread was observed ) had to buy new larger ones to make them fit securely.

10- On your site you indicated TKP will provide support , They did not and claim it was a typo.

11- On your site you indicated the kit is complete no additional items are required ! I was told that I needed to buy PCIIIR in order for the kit to work (that cost me $500 delivered to Kuwait).

I think that's all (maybe for now )……..

Barry , since you are reading my posts and if you are willing to help I have one more problem I hope you can give me some pointers

I am not getting the specified 40 to 43 PSI I did try to adjust the FMU (with the ignition Key on only) and I was able achieve that however, I get a loud whistle like sound coming from the FMU !!. I do not think this is ok , if I lower the PSI to 30 then the sound disappear .
I do not have any fuel line kinks so what could be the problem ? I am going to connect the PSI gauge directly to the fuel pump and if the PSI like the stock pump I should get 40-43 PSI if I do not see that level then I feel the fuel Pump is bad ! And if the Pump is OK then the FMU is bad !! .

Hoping to get some feedback.

Have you tried to email Velocity directly???Your install issue are of concern and someone will be able to use your info when they do an install...The reason I ask is because I don't think Barry follows this site on the regular...And to keep your phone call cost down that may be your best route...
evil.gif

Have you tried to email Velocity directly???Your install issue are of concern and someone will be able to use your info when they do an install...The reason I ask is because I don't think Barry follows this site on the regular...And to keep your phone call cost down that may be your best route...  
evil.gif
Barry seems to be following this thread lately... He is on here so i would e-mail him and PM him.

I will do that, started the installation process three weeks ago and now I am almost done except for the PSI issue. I am itching to take the bike for a spin but I think I better wait till I resolve what I hope to be the last issue
rock.gif
. I will test the fuel pump in one hour to verify which is bad the FMU or the Pump?

Thank you guys for the feedback

Well, I will say it one more time. EVERY SYSTEM IS BOLTED DIRECTLY ON A BIKE BEFORE IT LEAVES THIS SHOP. Has your bike been wrecked? The exhaust is cnc bent. They are all the same.If you wanted dump pipes you should have told us. I see nothing in the way of a dump pipe in your file. As far as a power commander being reguired, It is not required, it will make more power with it.

Yes, I am willing to help.I do not always follow these boards, so here is not the place for tech support. Either e-mail me directly, or call the shop. You are taking the wrong approach my friend. You have never tried to contact me nor e-mailed me yet you complain about tech support!!!!

Are you turning the bolt on the top of the fmu in to raise the fuel pressure? The fuel pump is not bad. It would be more likely that the fmu is bad. You need to put the fuel pressure guage on the fuel line where it connects to the fuel rail. If you turn the allen bolt in and you can't 43 psi, then I would call our shop so we can go over a few things. Then I would say you might have a bad fmu. If you need for us to call you, we will.   Barry

<!--EDIT|VelocityRacing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089212944 -->

Thank you for replying.

My bike was never wrecked it's almost as new I only have 10,000 KM on it so far.

Regarding the Dump pipe issue I suggest you check invoice # 264 (dated 3/16/04) & # 319  (dated 4/22/04) you can read it in the description area STAGE 1 BUSA TURBO 2002 DUMP PIPES on the said invoices
rock.gif
. This issue is the least of my worries.

Regarding the PSI well I just finished my test and I got about 100 PSI from the Pump thus the pump is fine. I am getting the 40-PSI via FMU but there is a loud whistle sound I guess it's bad what do you think/suggest now.

Thanks

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089218574 -->

Back